shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions? Struggling with halo proportion- please help!

WBPF

Rough_Rock
Does this halo look in proportion to the center stone or does it look too big?

You all have such a great eye for this and I am not sure how I feel about it. I think Gypsy is the reigning expert on this type of setting, I right?

I'd love any and all opinions- thanks in advance!

Please ignore the wedding bands they show with it....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it already bought? Or is this something you are considering?

WBPF

Rough_Rock
I had it made already once. It came in but I didn't like the wonkiness of the outside bezel and the metal was supposed to have a chunkier, more modern feel so they are re-making it. I know this is a really tricky setting to get right and I am making myself crazy second guessing every aspect of it, and my latest crisis is the size of the halo. I believe the stones in the halo are 1.5mm and the center stone is 6mm square. I know there is no "right" answer necessarily, but does the halo look in proportion to the size of the center stone in your opinion or should I have gone smaller? They tell me the finished size of the overall halo is 11.1mm.

Thoughts?

WBPF

Rough_Rock
For reference, these are photos of the "inspiration" ring I showed them (obviously bigger stone and different shape) and of the CAD.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is very close to the CAD and the inspiration picture. So they did what you requested.

I think the proportions are also in line with both pictures you posted.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
It looks in proportion and similar to the inspiration pics you posted. :wavey:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also agree that it is very similar to your inspiration. Were you hoping it more substantial? More delicate? I'm not sure what options you'd have now that it's already made, but I think it's really lovely as is.

WBPF

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone...I think I was just looking for some validation that the halo-to-center-stone proportions looked good and that the halo didnt look like it was choking the center stone. Of course, now that it is in the process of being made (again) I cant make any dramatic changes.....my husband doesnt really have any strong opinions about it ("whatever you are happy with, dear!") and I was looking for some unbiased opinions from the PS community who's opinions I trust!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bezel around the center stone is too wide in your CADs. I think it would help a lot to make that a little thinner.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results