shape
carat
color
clarity

=) OPINIONS PLEASE! Heart Shaped diamond 0.92 ct J VS2

missmn

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I just purchased a heart shaped diamond. Here are the specs. Just wondering if any of the experienced people on here could give me their opinion. Hindsight I should have asked first but here it is, let me know!

Carat weight:0.92
Certificate:GIA
Color:j
Shape: Heart
Clarity: VS2

Depth %:53.60
Girdle: Slightly Thick - Very Thick
Table %:59.00
Culet:None
Polish:Excellent
Crown ∠:
Symmetry:Very Good
Crown %:
Fluorescence:None
Pavilion ∠:
L/W/D (mm): 6.07*7.05*3.78
Pavilion %:
L/W Ratio: 1.16

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/heart-shaped/0.92-carat-j-color-vs2-clarity-sku-357335

I know they say ratio is best between 0.9 -1.1 for a heart, but I really do love the shape.

Thank you. =)

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure how one would judge the performance of a heart, but it looks uneven to me. It might be just my eyes or the video, but the left side looks larger than the right side. You might need to see a flat photo of it to judge that more (if it would even bother you - it's probably so slight when looking at it IRL).

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh, I'm obsessed with heart shaped diamonds lately and just bought heart-shaped diamond earrings myself. I love yours! I much prefer fat hearts than skinny ones! I'd want to put it into a halo setting (JA has a couple) for a RHR!

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
I have been searching for a heart diamond to make into a pendant. Sorry I don't know enough about specs to say for sure but I like the shape of your diamond. Jewels by Grace has a few hearts in stock. Not sure any of them are closer to the 1 carat size but I'd check with her if you are not happy with the one you currently have.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
I find it lovely. The shape pleases me, I love it in the video, too. I do not know if that is a good ASET or not- no help there. How will you set this lovely?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree it looks very nice in the video. Do you have possession of the stone yet?

missmn

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the late reply.

I loved the stone when I received it, the gemologist even said it looked like a D color! I am having it set right now and I will post pictures when I get it.

My setting is a Claddagh ring, with two trinity knots instead of the hands, the diamond as the heart of course and a crown, in rose gold.

Thanks for your replies everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results