shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this Princess please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MNW

Rough_Rock
I have the opportunity to purchase this diamond. I have done research and it seems to be a good deal and within the specs of what a princess cut diamond should be. I wanted to see if the experts here have an opinion on this stone.

1.01ct
Princess cut
F color
VS1
5.55 x 5.44 x 4.06
74.6% - depth
70% - table
Girdle - thick
culet - none
polish - very good
symetry - very good
fluoresence - none
GIA certified

price @$5300

I also have this one as an option:

1.01ct
Princess cut
E color
VS2
5.83 x 5.48 x 3.75
68.4% - depth
72% - table
medium to slightly thick girdle
good polish
very good symetry
no culet
no fluoresence
@$5100
EGL certified

Thanks
1.gif

Mike W.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any chance to ask for some test of light return or DiamCalc report?

Those numbers indicate reasonably nice stones, but contain no guarantee of brilliance...

MNW

Rough_Rock
I'll be hearing from the jeweler tomorrow or tuesday to show me the GIA cert on the first stone. He didn't happen to have it on him when I was there on friday. I suppose I could ask him about those reports then. What is involved in performing and obtaining them?

Mike W.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 4/18/2004 9:41:12 AM MNW wrote:

I suppose I could ask him about those reports then. What is involved in performing and obtaining them?

---------------

There are different tools one could use (if you want ta fast line up of sample results, just look at one on the princess cuts described by GoodOldGold, they run just about every conceivable test on their stones EXAMPLE). The lest cumbersome would be to get an Ideal Scope picture (or use the tool yourself). The others involve professional devices that the jeweler may or may not have access to.

It's great that you get to select among stones, not database listings
eek.gif
but most diamonds wodl not be blatantly ugly in the first place - it would still be nice to have some kind of confirmation that the stone you like compares favorably with most others
1.gif
I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results