shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this H&A RB diamond please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sapphyre

Rough_Rock
I''ve been trying to learn as much as I could in the past couple weeks from information on here, the forums and GOG site. After doing this my boyfriend and I have decided to purchase our diamond through the internet. (Although at first we were quite hesitant, especially living in Canada)
I got very excited last night because I had found the diamond I wanted. But after a sleepless night, and setting my alarm to call in the morning est time, I found out it was already gone.
7.gif

Anyways I just wanted to get everyone''s opinion on it to see if the one I had picked was a good one.

1.132 VS2 H
total depth 61.4%
table size 56.1%
crown angle 34.3
pavilion angle 40.8
pavilion depth 43.1%
culet size 0.3
girdle avg slightly thick

The link to it is: http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_132ct_h_vs2_h&a.htm

I thought it was a really good price with all the specs and was so sad to find out it was gone
7.gif
But I still wanted everyone''s opinion and advice on it anyways, since I will still be looking for another one :)

Thanks in advance everyone!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
That was a great stone. Don''t get discouraged, I''m sure many more will come.
1.gif
At a first glance, Jon has another couple of stones that might fit your requirements, in primis a very nice 1.19 SI1 G and a 1.202ct SI1 H.
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Replacement ? (look here)

For some reason, I can't see that inclusion anywhere but in the clarity plot on the lab report. It could be that the picture happened to be just so, or that the little cloud & crystal fingerprint is deeper in the stone (a good thing). The price and IS picture got my attention.

DI40X_GIA-14324567.jpg

The store carries one that matches your initial choice closer - this H-VS2 H&A So there seems to be no reason to loose sleep.

There must be other choices from other sellers too. Assuming your H/VS2 was close to 8k and 6.8mm, THIS F/VS1 seems to come close on most fronts. Even the abgles are nearly identical, with the slight difference just enough to make the HCA score better (which may well mean little for exactly the same reason!) accounting for 'Excellent' spread which matches the recorded size of the stone.

Just a thought ... there is enough to choose from even in the small Pricescope circle
1.gif

sapphyre

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the encouragment! I know I shouldn''t have lost sleep over it but I got very excited and was praying it was still there. BTW I have dreamt of diamonds in the past 3 nights in a row... is that crazy? My boyfriend thinks I''ve become obsessed!

Valeria, thank you so much for looking up other diamonds for me! I really like that second one, but its a bit more than what we would have liked to pay for.. you''re right it was really close to the one I wanted.. I just wish it was closer to the price as well!

Hopefully, I will find something close in the next little while, and you can be sure that I will be coming here to ask for advice even more! lol
Is it plausible that I can find one in the next couple weeks? Or do you think its going to take more like a couple of months?

Thanks everyone! ^.^

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
It really all depends on what the different vendors have coming down the pipe. You should really check out Whiteflash''s Expert Selection as well, since there are always some really nice diamonds in the bunch. Does it have to be around 1.1 carats, or can it be closer to 1.0?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/28/2005 4:36:16 PM
Author: sapphyre

Is it plausible that I can find one in the next couple weeks? Or do you think its going to take more like a couple of months?
A couple of months will get you near the end of year and I don''t think that is a good thing (at least price-wise). The best person to answer this is a seller - over the phone & ASAP, IMO
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results