shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this 1.96 ct Round?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PhairPhair

Rough_Rock
I think I may have found a great diamond online. It is from an online retailer I see recommended ofter in this forum....I''ve been looking for a 2ct shy diamond with excellent visual performance for under $16K...What do you think? Is $7800/carat a fair price for this diamond? It needs to measure up for a London proposal in a few weeks....
1.gif

GIA Cert:

7.96 - 8.02 x 4.92
1.96 carat, I VS2
depth: 61.6
table: 56.0
girdle: thin-thick, faceted
no culet
ex/ex

Megascope:

7.95 - 8.02 x 4.92
1.97carat
depth: 61.6
table: 55.8 (55.3 - 56.3)
girdle: 2.9% (2.5 - 3.4)
culet: 0.6%
crown: 34.5° (33.9 - 35.1)
crown height: 15.4% (15.1 - 15.7)
pavil: 40.4° (40.2 - 40.8)
pavil depth: 42.7% (42.4 - 43.1)
proportion 0
girdle profile chart looks very straight and symmetrical
Offcenter: table 0.6, culet 0.1

HCA=0.7 (ex/ex/ex/vg)

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Phair,

Did I elsewhere read you may be taking the diamond to PGS? Attend carefully to their notes. My sense with you is that it may be promising indeed, and keeping it shy brings its price lower than where a 2 carat would otherwise begin. Though it's price is well above the median for those in the 1.5 - 2 carat range, I've also read this is to be expected for diamonds in your category (i.e., proportionally above 1.5 and not yet 2 carats). Since I'm not an expert, I would just want to know the implications of the kinds of things you may see as well...the variances in dimensions in table and crown, the off center note regarding the table. Still, and again, as a non-expert, my reading of the text Garry provided on the HCA, where he says: "Stones near the center of the red region, those with the lowest scores, are often the least affected by small symmetry variations," provides counterbalancing reasons to remain encouraged.

Let us know how this goes forward, and best wishes,

edited to add...and from your other post, with a savings of close to $1000, maybe this becomes even a better value!

PhairPhair

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the re-post...I did get them down to $15K even. In your experience this is still above average cost?

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Stones in this price range are so darn rare- it''s hard to see any "pattern" of pricing.
Still, I''d say that the price is fair.

Of course we can''t say for sure based solely on numbers, but it will likely be a very nice diamond.....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks really promising, do you have any scope pictures or anything? I really like that it''s just shy of 2c...you could save some $$ there. But the numbers look intriguing. Some may say that 40.4 is too shallow for an e-ring stone, but I find them interesting with the right specs, if we could see light return it would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results