shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on these ACA H&A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kobe

Rough_Rock
Can I get your opinions and advice on these? At first, I was looking for something closer to 1.2 carat with color that wasn''t as good. Then I started looking for diamonds that had better color but they are closer to 1 carat like these two. Is there a big difference in size between 1 ct and 1.2 ct? I''m also little confused by the fluorescence. Most opinions are that it''s good, but then I also have read where they look cloudy in sunlight. The two stones below are pretty similar but one has a medium blue fluoresence. I''m biased towards the color blue because it''s my favorite color, but the ring is for my girlfriend and not me.

https://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-1207469.htm#
Report: AGS
Shape: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 1.003
Color: E
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 60.9
Table: 56
Crown Angle: 34.7
Crown %: 15.6
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 43
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Medium Blue
Measurements: 6.46-6.51X3.96
DI40X_AGS-5579903.jpg

IS_AGS-5579903.jpg

https://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-1105221.htm#
Price: $6,615.00
Report: AGS
Shape: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 1.000
Color: F
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 61.1
Table: 55
Crown Angle: 34.7
Crown %: 15.6
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 43
Girdle: Thin-Medium Faceted
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 6.48-6.51X3.96
DI40X_AGS-5760206.jpg

IS_AGS-5760206.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They both look fantastic! I have a D color with STRONG blue fluoresence, and I love it! It never looks hazy (which is an extremely rare phenomenon - GIA couldn''t find any to look at when they did a study on fluoresence a few years ago). I love the "cool" tone of my stone as opposed to "warm" of deeper colors. An E with med blue fluor sounds perfect to me!!!!!!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
You picked two very fine stones with great IS images! I like the idea of an E color with medium fluorescence as well, so my vote goes for the first stone.
2.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can''t go wrong with either, but add me to the list of those that prefer the one with the med. blue fluorescence
3.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I have an F diamond with medium blue fluoro and it looks terrific with absolutely no cloudiness. I also upgraded from a 1.0 carat stone, which I still have, to a 1.24 carat stone. You can definately tell a difference between them when you put them side by side but it is not huge.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
My boyfriend just purchased a 1.27 carat ACA that is E in color with medium blue fluorescence. It''s not on my finger yet, but when I was looking at it during the inspection period (wanted to make sure it was eye-clean to me- it''s an SI2), one of the many lighting conditions I viewed it in was direct sunlight. It didn''t appear cloudy to me at all. Maybe it''s just my imagination, but it looked icy blue/white (the blue hue was very faint). I actually love it!
30.gif
So, I consider med. blue fluorescence to be a positive thing! (On a side note, I really felt like a nut running around the house with the diamond in the tweezers, viewing it in every imaginable lighting condition!)
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results