shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on the modification of this bezel design

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys. After having my prongs tightened five times and my ring re-set three times, I have decided that my Stuller Solstice four-prong platinum mounting is not for me. The stone just will NOT stay tight in its setting, and it''s causing me nothing but grief.

I am about to contact a custom jeweller who makes beautiful bezels (Linda Penwarden) to begin a new project.

I have a one carat H&A stone, and I want to set it in a bezel like fellow Pricescope member elepri''s. Elepri is being very gracious and is going to post pics of her ring to this thread. Here is what I would like to change about the design:

Elepri''s Ritani ring has a semi-bezel that goes about a third of the way around the side. I would like the bezels to be extended just a little bit more for a bit more protection and stone security. My question is this: Would extending the bezels a little bit on each side change the beautiful wide U profile of the ring? How can I maintain the look of that side view and still have the added protection of a little bit more bezel?

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a thread that shows the style of ring. Unfortunately, there isn''t a profile picture:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/opinions-on-this-ritani-setting-pics-included.17018/

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Daniela,
Here''s a picture of my ring, as you requested. I''ll try to attach the profile view next.

ringabxc6.jpg

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is. I dont see why you shouldn''t be able to extend the bezel a bit and still have a similar view. Unless there''s some technical problem that I''m not aware of. I hope you get an expert opinion on it.

psprofring.jpg

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
I just posted my half bezel on the thread "MY PICTURES" today. It is similar...so take a look!

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Elepri: You've just made my day! I'm so in love.

Soulsis: Thanks for the heads up on on your thread. I never get tired of beautiful bezels. Your ring is lovely!

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Now that the pictures are all loaded up to the thread, do any of the experts have an opinion? Would more bezel coverage change the profile of the ring? Any thoughts?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Daniela here is a photo of my new right hand ring (shown on left hand for photo). It has fairly long straight bezels down each side and still maintains the u-shape in the side profile. I don''t see why you couldn''t extend the bezels a bit and still have that u-shape from the side view.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Sundial,

Yes, I see what you mean. Your ring is beautiful; thank you so much for posting your picture. The more I think about it and see others'' suggestions, the more I think there is hope for my project. Okay, until now I was feeling a little bit scared about starting this mounting process all over again, but now I''m just excited! This really is an opportunity to start over and do everything just right.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/27/2005 9:27:19 PM
Author:Daniela

I am about to contact a custom jeweller who makes beautiful bezels (Linda Penwarden) to begin a new project.
I trust Linda Penwarden is 100 times better at this. If you end up having your ring made by her shop, I would really look into one of her 'fluted bezels' - I find them fascinating, and there are not too many alternative ways to have a bezel set high on the finger without a ton of metal or space underneath.

How about something like the lucida bezel setting ? It is a full bezel... but the free underside makes it look and feel very light and aery
5.gif

LPtask.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results