shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on potential E-ring stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

music lover

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,
After many weeks of lurking on this and the diamondtalk forum, as well as reading everything I could possibly find out about diamonds on the web, and one particularly especially frosty nighttime ring shopping experience with my girl in chilly New York, I think I have finally found the stone for the ring! Would the experts on this forum please post their opinions on the following stone?

1.52ct E VS2 H&A
GIA
7.45 x 7.48 x 4.56
Polish/symmetry: ex/ex
Depth: 61.1%
Table: 55%
Crown Angle: 34.3
Pavillion Angle: 40.8
Cutlet: None (0.3%)
Girdle: Thin (0.9%-1.4%)
Fluor: None
HCA score: 1.1 (ex/ex/ex/vg)
$15,184

Images of the stone may be found on:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_52ct_e_vs2_h%26a.htm

What does everyone think?

Thanks a lot!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Very nice! I would check on the feather and the needles on the edges. Make sure they don't break the surface. Otherwise, looks great!

Someone did their homework!
2.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Jonathan's diamond is of course perfect, but can you see the difference between E color and a lower color?
If not, than you could buy a bigger stone or save some money... or both!
2.gif

Stone A
Stone B

Regards,

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Moving from E to H for 0.2cts more? Nope. Diamonds do not get better than what you have chosen every day. That's one nice rock. If you really want all those specs lined up, I trully doubt you will find a bargain to match just by shopping around a little.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
What you've found looks positively beautiful! Congratulations and nice work.

music lover

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the reponses! As for the question of color, I found out while ring shopping with my girlfriend that she could see the difference between E and H colored stones, even when I was not sure that I could see the difference myself! So, finding a stone in the "colorless" range became more important than it otherwise would have been, especially since I was looking at diamonds in the 1.5ct range where a color difference would be more noticible.

With regard to the feathers and needles on the edges, I will be sure to ask the appraiser about them when I speak to him. That one feather at the edge that can be seen on the blowup images made me very concerned about the possibility of the stone chipping there while being set or during daily wear. It seems from what I have been reading that this sort of occurance is very rare?

Is there anything else about this particular stone that I should be sure to ask about when it is appraised?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results