shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on James Allen stone

Johansen2

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking on this forum for a while now and I've finally found a potential stone from James Allen that I would appreciate some PS opinions.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/2.20-carat-h-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-583946&chan=advice

Unfortunately this stone does not come with an ideal scope as it is not sourced from their NY partners (I'm unsure whether this is normal).

I do have the stone on hold but I'm vey hesitant in purchasing it without the additional information. HCA scores this stone a 0.7.

Any opinions on this stone would be great :)

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
James Allen has an excellent, no questions asked return policy - In the case that they can't offer more information, basically your choices are to buy it and see if you like it in person, or pass on it entirely. They won't be able to magic up an idealscope for you and there's not much more that we can tell you other than it looks promising.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks to be a beautiful stone...it has all the right numbers.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does look like a beautiful stone! As long as it can be returned if you don't love it, go for it!!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Looks to be a beautiful stone! :appl: Plus as others mentioned there is a great return policy. :clap:

Johansen2

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to say thanks for everyone's input. We decided to purchase the stone :D Due to being from Australia I won't be able to use the free returns that JA provides and would need to pay AU $400 (US $284) if I do decide to return it. However, I think the risk is worth it and it's better losing $400 than $33k!

Thanks to everyone again.

jenniann

Shiny_Rock
If the stone hasn't already shipped you might want to double check the rules re refunds of GST if you decide to return it. I live in NZ and our rules only allow a refund of GST (which you'll be charged when it arrives) if the item is faulty, you can't get a refund if you simply choose to return it - which is a massive PITA.

Different countries have different rules though - and you might find you can do an exchange and not pay GST on the same value coming back in - but you'll probably need to follow specific procedures when you send it back to make sure you don't get charged twice.

Johansen2

Rough_Rock
sparkleaddict|1444866972|3938347 said:
If the stone hasn't already shipped you might want to double check the rules re refunds of GST if you decide to return it. I live in NZ and our rules only allow a refund of GST (which you'll be charged when it arrives) if the item is faulty, you can't get a refund if you simply choose to return it - which is a massive PITA.

Different countries have different rules though - and you might find you can do an exchange and not pay GST on the same value coming back in - but you'll probably need to follow specific procedures when you send it back to make sure you don't get charged twice.

Thanks for the heads up. After reading this I called the department responsible for goods purchased overseas and fortunately Australians can get a GST refund if you choose to return it, but no refund for the Customs Duty fee.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results