shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions needed - Si1 inclusion magnified pic

Lou_lou

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

This is my first post here after many hours spent reading! :wavey: Have been engaged since December and only now getting close to buying the ring!

After doing my research I decided I wanted to get a slightly larger diamond (a 1.2 or 1.3 as opposed to 0.9 or 1) brilliant round. Then decided was happy to go lower on clarity to a Si1. Was also willing to go down to a H or I color and to look at faint/medium flourescece.

I went to a dealer today (they sell to retailers and customers like me who call in, they don't have an actual shop) so Im assuming/hoping they are able to offer competitive prices. They have a diamond with one of their suppliers overseas but can ship it in and let me take a look (I will feel a bit guilty if I ask them to bring it in but then don't buy, is that silly?) :confused:

This is the diamond:
1.22 carat
G color
Si1
Excellent Cut, Polish, Symmetry
No fluoresence

I am based in Singapore. They have quoted SGD$10,700, which converts to USD$8,119. I was pretty pleased with the size and colour for this price - what do you think??

Also what do you think a measurement of 6.78 - 6.83 x 4.25 issued - I prefer it to be the biggest face-down view as possible for the carat.

Here's the main issue: the inclusion in based just off-centre in the diamond in the middle. From all my reading the consensus seems to be "only buy Included diamonds if the inclusions are on the sides so they not as noticeable". but will this ACTUALLY make a difference to the brilliance of the diamond? Is this a worthwhile purchase or I do I keep looking for the same space but with a slightly different place inclusion?

The shop kindly showed me a magnified image of the diamond which I've included (pardon the pun) for your perusal. :lol:

I look forward to your thoughts!! :appl:

_29684.jpg

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lou_lou|1430236032|3869024 said:
Hi All,

This is my first post here after many hours spent reading! :wavey: Have been engaged since December and only now getting close to buying the ring!

After doing my research I decided I wanted to get a slightly larger diamond (a 1.2 or 1.3 as opposed to 0.9 or 1) brilliant round. Then decided was happy to go lower on clarity to a Si1. Was also willing to go down to a H or I color and to look at faint/medium flourescece.

I went to a dealer today (they sell to retailers and customers like me who call in, they don't have an actual shop) so Im assuming/hoping they are able to offer competitive prices. They have a diamond with one of their suppliers overseas but can ship it in and let me take a look (I will feel a bit guilty if I ask them to bring it in but then don't buy, is that silly?) :confused:

This is the diamond:
1.22 carat
G color
Si1
Excellent Cut, Polish, Symmetry
No fluoresence

I am based in Singapore. They have quoted SGD$10,700, which converts to USD$8,119. I was pretty pleased with the size and colour for this price - what do you think??

Also what do you think a measurement of 6.78 - 6.83 x 4.25 issued - I prefer it to be the biggest face-down view as possible for the carat.

Here's the main issue: the inclusion in based just off-centre in the diamond in the middle. From all my reading the consensus seems to be "only buy Included diamonds if the inclusions are on the sides so they not as noticeable". but will this ACTUALLY make a difference to the brilliance of the diamond? Is this a worthwhile purchase or I do I keep looking for the same space but with a slightly different place inclusion?

The shop kindly showed me a magnified image of the diamond which I've included (pardon the pun) for your perusal. :lol:

I look forward to your thoughts!! :appl:
As a trade person I can neither recommend nor criticize specific diamonds. However, I can make a couple of observations that may help answer some of your concerns. First, the inclusion in the center appears to be a crystal and is most probably the grade setter (listed first under keys to symbol on the cert). If there is nothing else going on in the stone, then this will not effect the brilliance of the diamond. However, it also appears to be very close to the surface of the table and in this location a crystal of that size might possibly be visible to the naked eye. Even so, it probably won't be obvious, but depending on your tolerances it may bother you (or the wearer) every time you look at it.

And you should not feel guilty taking the vendor up on his offer to return a diamond if it does not meet your approval.

Lou_lou

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the advice! I will certainly take a look.

Also forgot to mention its scores 2.7 on the HCA score, which isn't great.

I guess I will have to compare it to a higher HCA scoring diamond when I'm there...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results