shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions: How would this band look with my E-ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StageDva

Rough_Rock
My E-ring is a Platinum, 4 prong, round, brilliant cut solitare - .78 ct

This is what I''m thinking for my wedding band, but I''m not sure if the size would overpower the .78 stone of my E-ring. What do you guys think? Thanks for your opinions!

http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=413
25 Round Cut Diamonds
1.48ct. tw.
2.7mm wide

StageDva

Rough_Rock
just realized the link doesn''t work - hope you can visualize it from the specs...sorry.
20.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Is it an eternity band? If so that would look
30.gif
with your solitare!!!

rosy

Shiny_Rock
That band has .06 pointer stones. That might be a bit much for your size engagement ring. Have you considered something like a .03 pointer? If you do a search you''ll find ame has recently purchased a .03 pointer eternity band that goes really well with her ering thats slightly larger than yours, doens''t overpower it at all.

michela002

Shiny_Rock
I love the style but you might consider getting a bit of a thinner band (and therefore smaller diamonds) because it might overpower your e-ring. Maybe try and see it (or something similar) in person and see how it looks with a thinner vs. thicker version.

I''d measure the band width of your e-ring and get something that''s the same width or only slightly wider/thinner ... to my eyes the same width bands looks the most appealing. E.g. if you e-ring is 2.3mm wide, get a 2.3mm wide eternity band.

StageDva

Rough_Rock
mrssalvo

yes - that''s the one (just with the specs from above) - what do you think?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, here's some pics of ame's .86 carat with a 3 pointer eternity band. i personally like the look of a daintier sparkley band that will really make the center stone stand out. I agree you should go and try to see a few in person to get idea of the different sizes and how they will look. I lOVE ame's set and think something like it with your stone would look just gorgeous.

ameweddingringcollage1.jpg

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
I think the concept is beautiful, but I too would suggest a smaller width for the band. I love the look of a solitare with an eternity band.
21.gif

mamchris

Rough_Rock
Hello all, I am trying to design a new mounting for my 1 ct ER. I see you are talking about 3 pointers. I hope you can answer this question if I am looking to have a wider band so I don''t have to wear a wedding band, I was thinking of 3.5-4mm, (I am having a halo setting) can you tell me if a 3 pointer is 3mm? I know my diamond is 6.5mm. Does a 3 pointer simply mean it is 3/100 of a carat? I am trying to modify this Ritani setting. I think the halo has 1mm stones, I would like a little larger, but what is it called a 1.5 pointer? I have to do a pretty exact drawing. I am used to designing buildings, and a like things exact, but I am having a problem figuring out this diamond dimension stuff. Thanks!

1RD2122B_big.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Manchris,

ame's band with 3 pointers or .03 carats each, tcw .75. her band is 2.5 mm wide. very pretty setting by the way
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results