shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions and Advice Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

puffyp

Rough_Rock
A couple years ago I purchased a diamond for an engagement ring. Tomorrow I am heading to the jewelry mart in San Francisco to find a semi-mount for that diamond. There are a couple inclusions near the center of the stone that I can see with my naked eye with the stone loose. The inclusions bother me but the stone has tons of fire and brilliance. Will the inclusions be as noticeable after the stone has been set? Should I let those inclusions bother me enough to sell that stone to a jeweler and purchase another? I know it is a matter of taste and opinion, but that question is on my mind.
I have been with my girlfriend for six years now and I know my girlfriend would be happy with any ring, small, flawed or otherwise. I want to give her an engagement ring with at least a 1.25ct center stone and spend less than $8000 for the entire wedding set including the diamond I already purchased.

I paid $4500 for the diamond through a broker on the internet and I thought that I got a good deal. The diamond is certified by EGL USA and the report is below.

Certificate 80487308D
Weight 1.27 ct.
Shape ROUND BRILLIANT
Color F
Clarity SI2
Measurements 7.1 - 7.03 x 4.31 mm
Depth 61.0
Table 56.0
Crown 14.7
Pavilion 43.8
Girdle THINFACETED
Polish VERY GOOD
Symmetry VERY GOOD
Fluorescence NONE
Culet NONE
Cut Grade IDEAL PLUS
Lot NEW
Comments Girdle inscribed "EGL US80487308D"

UGS Appraisal Value $11440.00

Your thought, opinions and advice are appreciated.
Thank you, Patrick

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back, I remember when you bought your diamond.

As to the inclusions, it depends on where they are located as to whether they could be covered by a prong perhaps, if they are located on the outer edges, or mainly visible from the side ( pavillion). You could try seeing if the jeweller might take it in trade, but the problem is you may not get near what you paid for it. I would see what your setter recommends initially.

puffyp

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your response. I remember you too and I think you are right. I will wait until I meet with the jeweler before deciding.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results