shape
carat
color
clarity

opinion, thin diamond band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shiv165

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone-

I wanted to get some opinions on my idea for a wedding band. My engagement ring will be a thin 2mm plain platinum band with a 1.25 radiant center stone. I was thinking abount getting possibly 2 VERY VERY thin bands of diamonds to wear on either side of the engagement ring as my wedding ring.
confused.gif
I like plain, and was considering another plain platinum band but I don''t want the look to be too bulky. What do you all think of the idea? and has anyone seen bands similar to these out there?
I really appreciate all of your help! Thanks!!
wavey.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I've been looking for the same thing, Shiv. I have a wide shank ring and want 2 thin bands so I can wear one on each side. I'll be interested to see what kind of suggestions folks have for you.
1.gif

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Shiv165-
I am doing the same thing. I wish that my shank was about 2mm, but it is 3mm--so I've got to really be careful or the look will be too thick. I've the Vatche RC and am thinking of a 1-1.5mm band on either side. I've tried some on and it is a nice look.

Also, that thin band on the main ring is a nice trick that will help to make your diamond appear even bigger!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I LOVE this idea. 2 rings with one on either side is apparently a huge trend.
2.gif

I think it works excellently with a simple engagement ring because it allows the center stone to shine but the sides add some sparkle.

The one thing I would note since I have tried on similar setups while searching out my w-band is that you should ensure that the ENTIRE WIDTH of all the rings together does not exceed the mm diameter of your large stone. So for example if your center stone is something like a 7mm diameter in terms of length (the tall way?) (not sure what a 1.25c radiant is?)..and your e-ring is 2mm. That leaves you less than 5mm for the side rings. So if you went something like 1.9mm each ring, then you've still got 1mm of overlap for the center stone. Doing this makes your center stone look BIGGER....if you got something like 3mm each side ring combined with the 2mm e-ring..8mm would be a larger width than your center stone and it actually makes the center stone look much smaller!

I noticed this at the store while I was trying on rings. My e-ring diameter was 7.15mm and my e-ring itself is about 2.9mm. I tried on about 2.5mm rings (on each side) and the entire width was wayyyy too much and made my center stone look very small amidst all the other stuff going on. Not to mention being way too much going on on my finger! Since this is not what I wanted, I decided to stick with a thinner solitary band of 2.2mm and the combo looks good.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense...but I guess my point is..stick with very thin bands that do not overwhelm your center stone and you will be fine! I love 1.5mm or similar type super thin pave bands...there are tons to choose from out there. Good luck!!
1.gif

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
Great idea.

Does anyone have a picture or website to go to?

shiv165

Rough_Rock
Mara you are a huge help! I do want to go VERY thin. Like 1mm or 1.5mm. I really want to try not to overpower the stone. I am glad you guys like the idea and you think it will look nice. I am going to try to do some experimenting now and I will post some pics!!

thanks again!
wavey.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 4/16/2004 3:17:35 PM baltneu wrote:

Great idea.

Does anyone have a picture or website to go to?----------------

Sure
1.gif

LINK / Bridal / Designers / the two rightmost pic on the index

You may need to have those at least as wide as the ring band (2mm). The reverse of the medal is.. that the very small diamonds along the band would have trouble showing sparkle from the surrounding metal holding them in place (maybe micro pave does this better, but it is still a good idea to see an example first and, by all means, go for top VVS clarity in such small stones).

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
http://www.precisionset.com/engagement_frameset.htm I think this webpage might help. Either way have fun veiwing the goodies.

motomom

Rough_Rock
I've been looking for a solitaire setting for this idea also! Will the bands set fairly flush with the Vatche RC? What settings are you all looking at for this? Maybe a 2mm cathedral? I'm ok with it not sitting totally flush, but don't want the head to cause alot of interference either. The precisionset site has some gorgeous stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results