shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this round, esp table size?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Hi all, I am a newb at this. My local B&M showed me this diamond today:

AGS000
1.208ct
I SI1

Depth: 61.6%
Table: 52%
Crown angle: 34.1
Pavillion angle: 40.9
Diameter: 6.86-6.9
Girdle: .99% - 3.3%
approx: $6400

It looked beautiful but somehow a little dark to me. I looked at it in their Firescope but I''m not experienced enough to see anything bad about the picture. It looked like all the others I see on here, some light near the edges, arrows, etc, nothing glaringly wrong.

Is the table anything to be worried about? Is there any reason it might look a little dark? I ran it through the HCA and got:

1.5 TIC Ex,Ex, VG, VG.

Any opinions from you cut experts out there? Also what does that girdle % translate to in words like thin, medium etc....

I really appreciate any words of wisdom
34.gif
out there!

a

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
interesting stone with the small table.
This the second one recently posted so a cutter much be cutting some of them recently.
They aren''t that common.
They have a rather unique look and I think they are kewl but have only seen one.

With decent optical symmetry they can be kicken.

With those angles it should be bright and with the small table a fireball.

There is nothing wrong with those numbers if it speaks to you but they wont speak to everyone.

When you mention it appearing dark in some lighting especially fake lighting like bright LED lighting and sometimes direct spot lighting the ideal cuts will have brighter flashes but the body of the diamond will appear darker.
What kind of lighting were you looking at it in?

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for replying strmrdr! I was looking at it in the shop, that has spots and a ceiling painted black. do you think the black ceiling made it look dark? does that sound so obvious it sounds stupid? Thing was, they also showed me a J SI1 that was an AGS ''Very good'' cut and it looked lighter than this one. Not necc. better but somehow brighter. I really liked the look of this stone, it had a kind of fluid look, very continuous across the stone, I guess symmetric is the word I"m looking for.

One other question from your reply: how do I know if it has ''decent optical symmetry'' ? is there some more info I can ask them for? I only have till next Friday when they have to send the stone back to wherever they got it from.

I am going to watch the video now.

Thanks again!

a

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Wow that video was SO informative! I laughed because it answered my exact question, so thank you!

a

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2006 12:33:06 AM
Author: angeline
Wow that video was SO informative! I laughed because it answered my exact question, so thank you!

a
it was perfect timing wasnt it.

Your welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results