shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on 1.70 H/VS1 True Antique cushion by Leon Mege

sunkissedx3

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! Can you please give me your opinion on this antique cushion sourced by Perry.

Cushion brilliant
7.01x6.92x4.83
1.70 H/VS1

1_31.jpg
1_170.jpg

diamond video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1SAGAdsJmo

It's a little rounder than I'd like but maybe it can be manipulated to look slightly more square with a halo setting. Does it look like there is light leakage under the table in the photo?

Thank you!!!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it a real antique or a new cut?

Either way, I am sorry to say I do not like its cut. The table is too large to support such short lower halves... among other things... and the result is a tonne of leakage under the table. See how in the photo you can see two of the pavilion mains and the rest of the under table area is a hazy looking mush? Not good. You can't see it so much in the video because of the angle. Sometimes diamonds will look ok at a tilt like that in the video, but look directly and you see the poor alignment of the angles.

So, for me, I would keep looking.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are after an Antique Cushion have you tried Jewels By Erica Grace, and Adam at Old World Diamonds? You could email them and ask they have new stock coming in. Otherwise Good Old Gold and Victor Canera cut stunning new ones in an Antique style.

sunkissedx3

Rough_Rock
Dreamer_D: You've confirmed my concern about the "fuzziness" under the table. I've seen some stones with nicer optics from ERD, I was just attracted to this one because of the smaller inclusion under the table compared to the other stone.

arkieb1: I have looked at other vendors just haven't come across with the specs I'm looking for. I like GOGs AVCs but they seem to cost a lot more than some other branded antique cushions.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I see mushiness and there would be a ring of death in the stone. I'd accept it in a smaller stone that's not a center stone of a ring but a 1.7? no way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results