shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion of a 1.23 G BR Loose Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
On the 1.23c stone, keep in mind that there is no additional "spread" here. A 1.23c stone should be 6.94-6.97 even with an 'ideal' cut. So this will look like what it is, a 1.23c stone, with brilliant white light vs fiery flashes.

Nice HCA score and angle combo. Could be interesting. But again, since you are buying virtually, check out all the options online, esp those with scope images (which measure light return). There HAVE been dud stones with great numbers before.

Cover all your bases AND get the final purchase indepdently appraised within return time period. Good luck.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
duh... I forgot to look at the diameter on the cert again. Thanks for pointing that out about the spread, Mara.

And I second everything you said about having it appraised and making sure returning it for any reason is an option...

greengook

Rough_Rock
if I put in the numbers in the AGA chart this is what I get

Cut: Round
Weight: 1.23 carats
Table % 59 Grade: 1B
Crown Angle 33.3 Grade: 1B
Crown Height % 13 Grade: 2A
Pavilion Depth % 43.2 Grade: 1A
Girdle Thickness Medium to Medium Grade: 1A
Total Depth % 60.1 Grade: 1A
Polish / Symmetry Excellent Grade: 1A * Not a primary determining factor.

Final Grade: 1B

so if I am understanding this right, I have chosen a diamond that is just outside of an ideally cut diamond?

-Kevin

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I may get into trouble here, because I'm not positive on this, but I believe it's still an "American Ideal Cut" by AGA standards, which is nothing to sneeze at, but it would fall outside of, say, AGS "Ideal Cut" standards. This does not necessarily mean it will not be a beautiful diamond, by the way. BUT, if it's important to you to have it grade out as ideal in every way, then you might want to keep looking... just don't forget to trust your eyes too!
1.gif

greengook

Rough_Rock
I am not intereseted in it scoring ideal across the board, however I was just aiming to get as close as possible, but without paying a premium. I could probably get a smaller stone in the 1.10-1.16 range if I wanted to spend the same amount for an AGS0 type of diamond. My girlfriend was wanting a 1 1/4 stone, and I think that I got as close as I could without really breaking the bank.

I can always later on trade up or down at solomon brothers in ATL where I actually saw the stone. I compared it to one similar in specs, and this one just stood out between them both. I am going to get it appraised though if I decide to buy it. Solomon Brothers have a 15 day return policy, so I don't have to worry about not getting my money back if I feel that I am not totally satisfied.

-Kevin

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
The diamond scores 1.2 on the HCA.
That's a very nice score.
If the price is good, go for it, even if it's a 1B.
But you could ask for an IdealScope picture...

greengook

Rough_Rock
WhiteFlash.com has this 1.23 ct that I have been looking at for $8,026. So I think that $7,200 is a good deal for this diamond. It is not the best performing diamond, but good enough for the money. Does anyone have an Idealscope they would like to let me borrow and then send back to them.
9.gif

-Kevin

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
This diamond does have nice spread. And, a larger table will give you more brilliance & can make the stone "appear" whiter. The numbers are good. The price is good for the stone & the setting.

The clincher is that it has spoken to you. Don't get caught up on the optimun numbers especially since you have seen & felt this stone.

Quite frankly, these stones with very good makes are quite the buys. Most bang for your buck so to speak.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The IS is $30 on Garry's site. You are forking over $7k for a diamond, pay the extra for the IS and have peace of mind if that is what you'd like.

But definitely get the appraisal, it's a must with a big purchase like this for me, regardless of vendor.

greengook

Rough_Rock
I ordered an expert kit so it should be here in about 5 days. I told the jeweler to hold off on mounting the stone until I could take another look at it.

-Kevin

also I ran across a coupon for $1,000 off a $7,000 or more purchase at solomon brothers, so I wonder if I could use it for the purchase, and save some more money!

greengook

Rough_Rock
I am going back to compare between the 1.23 G VS2 and the 1.24 G SI1 within a few days. I hopefully should have the ideal-scope with me to compare. I will get the sarin report info and a better detailed specs, as well as pictures for you all to compare.

-Kevin

greengook

Rough_Rock
My ideal scope order was cancelled.

I did get this funky emal though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr Clark,

It has become abundantly clear that you are intentionally attempting to defraud us.

Yesterday I sent you a polite message to stop trying to buy our products in the fraudulent manner you are using. Today I see that you have tried again.

We will not accept you as a customer. If you continue to attempt to defraud us we will report you to the relevant authorities which will start with talking directly to the Art Institute of Atlanta which we are considering doing anyway.

Regards,

Raj Singh
Business Manager
Ideal-Scope
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know what they are talking about. I ordered thru their webpages for the expert kit and they said my cc was declined, so I decided to just buy the light and IS kit. I ordered it today while at school, once I found out that my order was cancelled and then I get this email stating that I have been trying to defraud them. All I have done is go to the ideal-scope.com website and checkout with their webcart system. What gives exactly? Is someone messing with my orders? Is their order system messed up? Has anyone else had problems ordering on their site? Is it secure ordreing on their site?

I don't know, but this concerns me, plus the fact that I got a threating email. I am just a college student trying to get my girlfriend an diamond.

Any comments or concerns? Thanks for your help guys/gals

This was the previous email. that was sent to me first telling me that my cc was declined
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Kevin Clark,

Unfortunately, your credit card was declined.

In this event we delete your order and your personal details to protect you.

However, this means that if you still want to order our products that you will need to go online and re-order via our shopping cart again.

Please ensure that your credit card is valid (though this may simply have been caused by a typo when you originally ordered).

If you have any concerns or queries please contact me.

Regards,

Raj Singh
Business Manager
Ideal-Scope
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very random, maybe Garry can comment.

Maybe they have had hacker attempts lately or something. In any case, as a business, they should get all their facts straight before they attack a customer.
rolleyes.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/6/2004 12:51:47 AM Mara wrote:

Maybe they have had hacker attempts lately or something. In any case, as a business, they should get all their facts straight before they attack a customer.
rolleyes.gif

----------------

That's really weird. Are you sure you went to the right site? Also, I thought Dave Atlas was the distributor for the ideal scope in the US.

greengook

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 8/6/2004 11:44:58 AM fire&ice wrote:

----------------
On 8/6/2004 12:51:47 AM Mara wrote:

rolleyes.gif

----------------

That's really weird. Are you sure you went to the right site? Also, I thought Dave Atlas was the distributor for the ideal scope in the US. ----------------

That is what I thought. I did go to the right site. www.ideal-scope.com I guess I will try it again today. I should probably just send the money to Dave's paypal account instead of doing it thru the online cart.

greengook

Rough_Rock
I just called up Dave and ordered it thru him directly. I did not feel like dealing with the webpage, since they were having problems with my orders. Thanks for your thoughts
-Kevin

greengook

Rough_Rock
Here is my attempt to take my own ideal-scope image of the stone.

1.23 ct
G
VS2
Table 59%
Depth 60.1%

What you think?

ideal23.jpg

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
I think that you can see (without the scope) a lot of fire in this puppy, no?

greengook

Rough_Rock
I think that it looks beautiful in person. I tried to take a macro photo of it but the camera is not that great.

123g.jpg

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
I think that's very nice, Kevin... !!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OHMYWORD!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

It is GORGEOUS! My vote... GO FOR IT!

Lynn
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Interesting IS image...obviously not H&A but there is hardly any light leakage which is excellent. The picture of just the stone looks really beautiful, what does your eye think? Try it in various light situations, aka low restaurant lighting, kitchen track lighting, sunlight, bathroom lights, candlelight. Some may be more flattering than others, but these are real life situations where you will see the stone more often than not, so be sure you love the way it looks in the most situations possible!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results