shape
carat
color
clarity

online shopping

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Okay girls - I have a question. We might purchase a diamond from an online dealer (if the price is right - te-hee!) But we are really worried that since we cannot physically see the diamond that we might be disappointed with the diamond. I will be looking at diamonds VS2 - SI2 (2.5 to 3.5ct) so it will definitely have inclusions.

Did you guys ask for quite a few pictures of the diamond before hand and can you trust the online vendor and their pictures? (I''m a Designer so altering pictures are my forte! Anyone can change a picture with the right software)

I''m having a hard time convincing my BO since exchanging it will be a huge problem since we''ll have to pay hefty border and insurance fees from Canada to US. How did you guys go about it and did anyone from PS purchase a diamond from outside of the US from an online dealer?

Also, the setting will be made at an online vendor so once it''s set it will be difficult to return if the inclusions are visible. Please give me you honest opinion. Our local diamond vendors are really expensive...

Thank you for your time...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Reis,
Allycat purchased her stone online and had it shipped to canada. you can read about it here

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh a fellow canuck with my concerns...

I reasearched things forever and had a hard time convincing my boyfriend (at the time) that online was the best way to go. Luckily we weren''t buying an exorbidantly expensive ring or I would have been a lot more nervous. Even as it was...

In the end we bought mine from Whiteflash and sent it to a fedex depot just across the border. then went down and picked it up! Now I am not going to recommend hiding it when you cross the border, but it could easily be done.

We had it appraised when we got back to Vancouver within the return period and all was well. Based on my good results, another of my friends bought her MUCH more expensive ring from WF and did the same as me. (I also received an $100 referral bonus that I didn''t even know about when she bought - I ended up giving her 1/2)

Ofcourse we didn''t see the stone or the ring until we got it - but we looked at a lot locally. We knew enough to know that we were happy with an SI2 level of inclusions and that with a really good cut we could drop down considerably on the colour. So we did and it looks great! Love it!

I don''t think that returning it would be a problem, there are plenty of ways to ship securely.

Feel free to send me a private message if you have more questions.

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the information. I’ll forward a private message to you.
Talk soon,
Marisa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results