shape
carat
color
clarity

Online diamond retailers and previously-purchased setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LastChanceMark

Rough_Rock
Greetings all, first post so please be patient! I''ve done much reading hear prior but I''m in a bit of a scramble so...

Like many of us here perhaps I''m due to become engaged soon and though we chose to do ring shopping together, the wealth of knowledge here has convinced me to seek a stone online. Can anyone share a success story, that is mailing a setting to a well-respected vendor (I''m considering an approved vendor mentioned here of course) for the mounting of a stone purchased from the vendor?

This whole scenario adds a new dimension to what is a slightly stressful (if enjoyable!) pursuit-- the thing is she has fallen in love with a setting, actually we both love it...

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is the setting a designer setting? If so, what is the brand? Mounting of a stone by a non-approved vendor of the setting will probably void all warranties of the setting.

LastChanceMark

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your response; honestly I'm not sure of the designer. I have a stock number, and this ring was among the others displayed with the Gottlieb and Sons rings, so that's my educated guess. The vendor doesn't appear to be an authorized dealer based on the G&S website.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I don''t think warranty on the setting is very important unless you go with some kind of setting that is prone to problems.

I wouldn''t hesitate to have the diamond vendor set the stone in your setting. But have you bought the setting? Often the diamond vendor can order the setting you want even if they don''t carry the whole line. What is the brand of the setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results