shape
carat
color
clarity

One earring is duller than the other now?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LeighAngela

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I must preface by saying I know NOTHING about diamonds. All I know is my boyfriend surprised me with pair of diamond earrings.

He says he spent a long time in the store looking at all kinds under one of those eye pieces, and picked out this pair for me. He told me how some didn''t match, some looked yellow, etc.

I loved them.

But about a week later I noticed that one was very bright white and one looks greyer, at all angles. I tried cleaning them a little, no difference.

I can''t believe that neither of us noticed this till now. Diamonds don''t *change,* do they? We also noticed that the back style is different on them. They have the same imprinting, but they are shaped differently.

He wants to take them back to get an exchange for another pair. I''m not sure I want to give up the pair he surprised me with. Any insight appreciated!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/21/2004 4:13:27 PM
Author:LeighAngela

We also noticed that the back style is different on them. They have the same imprinting, but they are shaped differently.
No... diamonds do not wear away or cahnge color or anything.

The line cited is about the setting, right ? It is not clear if the cut of the diamonds or the setting is a bit different on the two. Either could cause the problem that you mention. The cure is not the same though:iIf the diamonds are different, than there is not much left to do. The settings could be changed for little (assuming they are simple - are they?) at a jeweler keeping the original stones...

Just my 0.2, of course.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results