shape
carat
color
clarity

Olive Leaf wedding band - resizable? Custom replica?

califoregonian

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! :wavey:

I've been reading PS for a while now and have learned so much from all your posts! I finally worked up the courage to delurk and see if the community has any advice for my wedding ring dilemma:

My dream wedding band is the Paloma Picasso Olive Leaf Band with diamonds - I've always wanted a nature-inspired band, and the shape of the leaves and vine on this one are exactly what I'm looking for.
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=GRP06683
oliveleaf.jpg

Unfortunately, the ring only comes in whole sizes and I'm a size 5.5 -- I own the sterling silver version of the Olive Leaf ring in a 6 and it's uncomfortably big, but size 5 rings won't fit over my big knuckles.

Do you think it'd be possible for this band to be resized by a half-size while still keeping the continuous look of the design intact? Or if not, do you think it'd be possible to get a custom design with a very similar look?

I know copyright is an issue and I'd be happy to make a few changes (e.g. platinum instead of WG, adding milgrain, etc.) as necessary, but I wouldn't want to change the shape of the leaves or the wavy band by much so I'm afraid a replica may not be possible. I've looked at tons of leaf-inspired rings (Beverley K, Brilliant Earth Wisteria, De Beers Adonis Rose, etc.) and this is the only one whose shape feels right to me. I'd happily buy the Tiffany original if only they'd make it in my size!

Thanks in advance, I love this site and am so happy to have found such a knowledgeable community! :D

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You didn't ask for advice, so forgive me, but have you taken into consideration that the leaves will catch on everything?
"Apologies" - but wondered if you had considered that.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you can't get it in your size, you could order the 6 and have Tiffany or a trusted/skilled jeweler add sizing beads. :))

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, I would consider having this recreated so that you can get in your correct size...

gemmyblond

Shiny_Rock
OP, as a poster above suggested, you might investigate having T&Co. make this ring in your size. I was with a girlfriend last fall in one of their US stores and she had the same issue as you and also needed a size 5.5. The sales assoc. told her it was easily possible to have it made in her size - same price, but would take awhile (around 4 wks IIRC). No big deal.

As an aside, she also tried it on stacked between 2 thin dia eternity bands and it looked really really pretty - very elegant but not too much imho. We both loved the negative space between the leaves.
Good luck!

califoregonian

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much everyone for the kind responses!

I will contact Tiffany and ask about having it made in my size, I'm so happy to hear that's a possibility!

No apologies needed at all Jimmianne- I appreciate the caution, especially since it'd be worn 24/7 and having it catch on things would get old mighty fast! :) I bought the silver version as a sort of "trial run" to check this out and it wasn't too bad, but I am a little nervous about the diamond version being more snag-prone since it's a little larger... I'll definitely keep it in mind when we go to the Tiffany store and test it out in person.

Gemmyblond, I love the stacking with eternity bands idea - I hadn't thought of that but it'd look beautiful, I'll definitely check out that option too!

Thanks again so much everyone, I'll post again with an update once we get the final band! :D

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd go with a 6 and sizing beads if made to fit isn't an option. If you wear it with other rings that will get snug fast, as this is a wider band than average.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results