shape
carat
color
clarity

Old Europeans - help me chose?

suzdaug

Rough_Rock
Sadly the pear from Grace sold. And I got an email from Adam this morning asking if I had called GOG about stones because he just sent them a 1.3 carat. Oy, I didn't realize they trade diamonds. So now both of them are not thrilled with me I am sure. Not a fun spot to be in. The search continues....

suzdaug

Rough_Rock

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps you should wait and see what Grace can find for you Miami is a big Antique fair she might be able to come up with something in your budget.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry I missed that. She will find you something

suzdaug

Rough_Rock
I am excited to see what she finds. She is so sweet. I am hoping it is the snow storm causing Adam's delayed response and not that he has written me off for calling Good Old Gold.

suzdaug

Rough_Rock
Has anyone purchased from the47thdiamond on ebay? Comments on this antique pear please? Looks like a lovely culet that follows the shape of the stone. I am awaiting more photos/video:

They say it's approx. 1.50 carats and 9.5 x 6.4 mm, VS for $4650

I don't intend to purchase anything until I see what Grace has found but in the mean time, can't hurt to look.

_26406.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm, not for me. The facet pattern looks haphazard and chaotic.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
I have heard that calling Adam is much more effective than emailing-hth.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It also might be worth contacting Erica at Love Affair Diamonds she is probably getting new stock in as well....

The pear is :errrr: doesn't look like a nice Antique cut pear or a remotely decent modern cut one.

suzdaug

Rough_Rock
arkieb1|1422398874|3822894 said:
It also might be worth contacting Erica at Love Affair Diamonds she is probably getting new stock in as well....

The pear is :errrr: doesn't look like a nice Antique cut pear or a remotely decent modern cut one.

I was thinking of contacting Erica but am worried about what happened with Adam and Good Old Gold. Is it not okay to look around? Can you help me understand how to do this?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
suzdaug|1422386745|3822825 said:
Has anyone purchased from the47thdiamond on ebay? Comments on this antique pear please? Looks like a lovely culet that follows the shape of the stone. I am awaiting more photos/video:
I don't intend to purchase anything until I see what Grace has found but in the mean time, can't hurt to look.
I'll strongly encourage you to eliminate this eBay vendor.
* This outfit has multiple identities acros the web-in real life (e.g., H. Chandra Diamonds is the entity listed with directory information; goes by diamondsfromnewyork on etsy, etc.), always a red flag imo
* Note the wild variation in photographs, reflecting a myriad of sources - and the ones presumably taken in-house are worthless, worse than any pics taken by my very first cell phone's camera.
* Non-existent documentation re any of the stones I (quickly) scrolled through -- just "Stone cert is optional for $65"
* Read the comments left with his Negative feedback on eBay -- and check out what toolhaus.org has on him

And do call Adam at Old World Diamonds, he is much more of a phone, and in-person, person than e-mail correspondent so a phone conversation will be more efficient, productive, and fun.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
suzdaug|1422399870|3822899 said:
arkieb1|1422398874|3822894 said:

I was thinking of contacting Erica but am worried about what happened with Adam and Good Old Gold. Is it not okay to look around? Can you help me understand how to do this?

It should be fine to contact Erica as well she is now a separate business to Grace. They are both probably going to Miami, and if not Erica has different stock to Grace.

suzdaug

Rough_Rock
MollyMalone|1422400526|3822905 said:
suzdaug|1422386745|3822825 said:
I'll strongly encourage you to eliminate this eBay vendor.
* This outfit has multiple identities acros the web-in real life (e.g., H. Chandra Diamonds is the entity listed with directory information; goes by diamondsfromnewyork on etsy, etc.), always a red flag imo
* Note the wild variation in photographs, reflecting a myriad of sources - and the ones presumably taken in-house are worthless, worse than any pics taken by my very first cell phone's camera.
* Non-existent documentation re any of the stones I (quickly) scrolled through -- just "Stone cert is optional for $65"
* Read the comments left with his Negative feedback on eBay -- and check out what toolhaus.org has on him

And do call Adam at Old World Diamonds, he is much more of a phone, and in-person, person than e-mail correspondent so a phone conversation will be more efficient, productive, and fun.

Thank you! I will give eBay a rest. I have spoken with Adam many times and he was lovely to speak with. He was very upset that I had called Good Old Gold. I just asked what they had in stock and Matt got back to me with "their supplier had xyz" so I asked to see them. I guess they were ordering them from Old World Diamonds which of course made Adam mad, but how was I to know? He has not responded to any of my emails since and I feel like he won't be thrilled if I call so I guess I will just wait to see what Grace finds.

When you call around do you tell them you have already contacted someone else? Doesn't seem like you should have to... I don't tell car dealerships what other lots I have visited. I certainly don't want to upset anyone though so please tell me what I should say to Erica so not to offend Grace. :)

suzdaug

Rough_Rock
Adam sent me one more. Comments please? Stats and video below. Is EGL reliable? I keep reading that their color grades are off. Would you have it recerted at GIA to indicate price?

Carat Weight: 1.71
Color: M
Clarity: SI1
Measure: 7.54*7.49*4.85
Cert: EGLUSA
Depth: 64.5
Table: 54
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Girdle: tn
Flourescence: Faint
Culet: Medium
$5300

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45EQDSo0cMg&feature=youtu.be

suzdaug

Rough_Rock
looks like a feather under the table though which would drive me nuts

suzdaug

Rough_Rock
Here's a video to the one GOG received. It's the one on the far right, compared to a 1.5 RB on the far left and a dud in the middle. Stats below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mTNw_bmDKc

1.37ct
7.54 x 7.54 x 3.93
L in color
VS1
$4778

Thoughts please! I am crushing hard on Old Transitional cuts too so am hoping to compare this to one before making a final decision.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results