shape
carat
color
clarity

OH NO! New custom prongs--movement in diamond? Assuming not ok???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
OH NO!! My "jewleer" is over an hour and 20 mins away--takes forever around the DC belt way!!!

I just brought home my custom 4 prong and when studying it.....noticed my center diamond moves about 1/8 (th??) of the way around in a circle (left to right like a clock)!!! I doubt that is OK!! It does NOT wiggle up and down at all. Firm up and down, but is able to be spinned just a bit left and right (trying to figure it out--maybe 1/4 inch in each direction before gettig "stopped". It is freaking me out ---but the drive kills me!!

With this type of setting? Is that normal? I am assuming there should be NO movement. I guess I need to call and tell them I will be back down in a week or two and PRAY he can fix it while I wait???

HELP!!! I am so upset! I want to wear my ring!!!! I just DONT want to lose the center stone....
7.gif

Thanks... so sad
7.gif
New%20ring%20Asmaller.jpg

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
UGGG! OK..thanks...bummer. I knew it. Well, I will place the call today (to make them aware) and plan a trip in the next two weeks. Nothing like spending the day on the road...I need a closer jeweler. Search begins....Frederick MD area...anybody?

Thanks! :) I appreciate it...

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That is a bummer. Would you consider shipping the ring overnight to save yourself the drive?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes it needs to be fixed.

Stop playing with it by rotating it you are cutting up the prongs and making it worse.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is too bad that your jeweler is far away...I would think that the repair is fairly simple. Hopefully you will find a closer jeweler!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Yikes! Take it off and put it somewhere safe until you can get it fixed. And make sure that beauty is insured!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results