shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh dear... I am having shrinkage!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Hello all. I know that this is a common problem amongst us ladies but I need some support. I have a 1.20 radiant that was recently reset into new prongs. It looks great and it is a very pretty stone, however, the problem that I am facing is that my stone faces up about a carat..( I had it appraised while being reset.) Now I am not sure why, but I am having a shrinkage syndrome and find myself already wanting an upgrade. I have only been married for 10 months!! I feel so bad... :*( I know that I am not going to get one b/c the hubby will not allow it and this stone holds a special place in my heart. But I was thinking of reseting the stone into a different setting. Any setting ideas to make this stone appear bigger?

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I know what you mean. Although I have experienced shrinkage, it is not to a point where I have the desire to upgrade. But I am afraid that eventually my time may come
8.gif
and I know my fiance is completly completly against it (no ifs and buts).

Did you ever consider getting a halo setting? It can really make the ring look BIG! Plus b/c you have a radiant (as opposed to say princess) the style of the radiant will match well with the halo style.

Also, look at Kaleigh new right hand ring. I think her asscher was just under 1ct and in the setting the ring looks absolutely huge and gorgeouse!
30.gif

Here is Kaleigh asscher before it is set
And,
Here is Kaleigh asscher all done!

Here are some pics from Leon Merge (though they are mostly with asshers and coushion cuts)

r347-15W.jpg

r219-03W.jpg

r218-02W.jpg

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Kaleidoscopic... Thanks
.. I was thinking about doing that. Her ring is stunning!!! The only thing that I was thinking is that my wedding band is a channel set and I am not sure it would match and I am certainly not getting another one of those!!

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
If you decide to go with pave setting, what about getting a thin pave ban to match, just when you wear the halo e-ring. Then you can wear your channel set band by itself other times.

Also I think if the ring looks large enough, it can probaly be worn alone and you can wear the channel set band on the right hand.

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Another idea is to have a 3 stone ring. However, you will have to be a bit more careful trying to make your ring look bigger, rather than just simply wider (going across the finger if you know what I mean). for example a 2ct princess sometimes looks bigger if left as a soliar. if you put two other princesses next to it a 2ct center stone, you will have a harder time distinguishing it form a 1.5 ct centerstone in an 3 stone ring.

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Good idea. I am wondering, am I abnormal? Or is this a common problem?? I feel like a brat and I think my hubby just does not get it!!

Jean

Shiny_Rock
I have side diamonds on my e-ring now but they are small and the actual setting is rather thin. In a previous relationship several years ago, I was engaged for a short amount of time and my ring was a cathedral setting (very thick) that made my 1.12 carat princess look huge. I got compliments all the time about how big it looked!! I am thinking of going that route again....

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
DITTO the halo idea! YUM! And you could get it made with a split shank -- two thin bands... then think of one as the e-ring band and one as the w-band! There - we''ve solved your problem in one fell swoop!
1.gif

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Lynn B, you guys are great!!! I guess more people go through this than I thought!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup my halo did the trick for my asscher. When I first saw it, I couldn't believe it was my stone. Loose it was tiny, at least to me. That halo did wonders!! Shrinkage happens. Hey that should be a bumper sticker for PS members. Maybe I could make some money off that, haha!!!
3.gif
9.gif

Jean

Shiny_Rock
kaleigh, your ring is stunning! I going to have to look into that!! Are you still happy with it?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I absolutely love it. I had one tiny problem in that a small stone fell out, but it was replaced and have had no problems since. I get compliments on it all the time. It''s fun!!

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Did you get a new wedding band to match? That is the only problem that I am facing if I go that route..

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a RHR.
2.gif

Jean

Shiny_Rock
greytmom....
That is just stunning...it sure does look bigger!! I think that is the route I am going to take! Thanks for your help!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2005 8:03:38 PM
Author: kaleigh
Shrinkage happens.
3.gif
9.gif

ROFLMHO!!! HILARIOUS!

I want that as a bumper sticker!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results