shape
carat
color
clarity

O color RB with a strong blue fluor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I am always intrigue by lower color diamond, especially those with blue fluor. Do we have any pictures in this forum for O color RB with a strong blue fluor? I am soooo curious on how it looks like.

Also, I am thinking of placing it as the center stone of my three stone ring. But my two side stones are F color. Do you think it is imprudent for me to match these two color? Any thoughts?
35.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I can''t comment as I have no experience with this, but you may find this thread helpful:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/has-anyone-seen-o-p-coloured-diamonds-irl.112887/

The one RockDiamond posted is U/V, not O/P, but it does have SBF.

Personally, I wouldn''t pair up an O with F sidestones, because the difference would be too perceptible for me. I''d rather have all similar colors, OR a bigger difference between them, like a fancy yellow with white sidestones.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
To me, and O center stone would not go well with F side stones. I would see too much of a difference, fluoresence or not. I'd rather you get close to the color of your side stones. How big are the side stones?

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
I think you can match them.
You could use a yellow gold head/prongs for the O stone and white gold/platinum head/prongs for the F sidestones.
I will make the color difference more obvious and I think it could be nice.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You would definitely notice a difference between them but if that is what you want then fine! There was a video of an O colour with SB fluorescence I was going to link for you but it has been deleted.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I can only give you my personal opinion. I would not put an O diamond with two F diamonds. I would put it with similarly colored diamonds or no diamonds. Again, my personal opinion. YMMV.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t set an O near F''s unless you want the tint to stand out.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HI Joelly,
Clearly there''s many different opinions out there.
The photo I posted is a diamond that GIA graded "N" color- with two side diamonds we graded F color.
You can see a difference in the color.
It''s true some people want a more stark contrast but we''ve also found that some people like a more subtle difference between the colors- it''s a matter of personal preference.
One thing that does stick out in my mind:
There''s no GIA color grade called "O"- it''s actually called "O-P"- that calls the accuracy of the grade into question......

r2809f.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2009 11:26:26 PM
Author: Kaleigh
To me, and O center stone would not go well with F side stones. I would see too much of a difference, fluoresence or not. I''d rather you get close to the color of your side stones. How big are the side stones?
I agree with K! Lower color stones can certainly be gorgeous, but you WILL see a difference compared side by side.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/26/2009 11:26:26 PM
Author: Kaleigh
To me, and O center stone would not go well with F side stones. I would see too much of a difference, fluoresence or not. I''d rather you get close to the color of your side stones. How big are the side stones?
I agree with Kaleigh that there would be a noticeable difference, but personally if the center is well cut you might find it to be a delicious difference! If you are hoping to match them, then no, it is not appropriate, but if you like both ebony and ivory on your piano, you might love it very much!

Wink

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Howdy Wink
35.gif

I agree - of course they won't match- and also that they might be very attractive in their difference...... but I might use a comparison of Abalone and Ivory because the difference won't be very dramatic.
People would more traditionally want to see high white sides and yellow- or other strong colored- center.
Nothing wrong with bucking tradition in this case though IMO......if that's what someone wants

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 5:57:51 PM
Author: Rockdiamond
HI Joelly,
Clearly there''s many different opinions out there.
The photo I posted is a diamond that GIA graded ''N'' color- with two side diamonds we graded F color.
You can see a difference in the color.
It''s true some people want a more stark contrast but we''ve also found that some people like a more subtle difference between the colors- it''s a matter of personal preference.
One thing that does stick out in my mind:
There''s no GIA color grade called ''O''- it''s actually called ''O-P''- that calls the accuracy of the grade into question......
30.gif
I love it!!!! Is that a RB with pear sides? Could I see it from a real life perspective? Please!!!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 7:38:50 PM
Date: 4/27/2009 6:01:05 PM
Author: QueenMum
Lauren, it''s gorgeous!
Hi Stephan,
I''m David
35.gif
That''s what happens when you write to fast!
I''m sorry David!
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
David I love that combo!!! Yummo!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
David- In that pic the N looks like a fancy light yellow.

In normal lighting conditions an N doesn't look like a fancy color, it looks tinted. I know some people love them and i appreciate that, but for someone that isn't very familiar with lower color stones and how they look in a less than optimum environment, i think that picture does a disservice.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Joelly, that video has been deleted. Click on your link & you will see.

I love the contrast in the ring in Rock''s post. But that is something you either love or just don''t. Are you a lower colored stone lover? If so, this may work for you.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
32.gif
I just saw it last night. Ok....here is a link that may help. It was posted by the owner of that stone (I forgot his PS name). Here you go, I hope you can see it. The link won''t take you straight to the video, the link will have a link that will eventually open the video. Again, Wink Jones is the one making the video and the diamond is cut by Infinity. Such a gorgeous diamond set in a such an elegant setting. The lucky lady will not be matched with anyone else''s ring, IMHO.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/winfields-big-smiles-18kyg-vatche-swan-video.101913/

Actually, I have to confess. Lower color diamond intrigue me so much. Now, if only I can convince my fiance to use it as our e-ring. Unfortunately, he is not convince, he merely said, "No way, you are getting a D and I won''t hear anymore of it."
14.gif
That was the end of it last nite. Anyhoo...I am just being a cheeky girl but I am at the receiving end here so I should learn to leave it alone. I''ll just wait until I am actually in the buying end....hehehehehe....
31.gif

Hope you can see the video. It''s a beautiful color and it spakles like mad. Enjoy!!!
35.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 7:38:50 PM
Date: 4/27/2009 6:01:05 PM

Author: QueenMum

Lauren, it''s gorgeous!
Hi Stephan,

I''m David
35.gif

I used to think it was Lauren too, as far back as 2001 after seeing your site.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 11:13:15 AM
Author: Imdanny
Is there an AGS grade 0?
You mean the stone in the video? If you do then yes, it is an ideal cut.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/28/2009 10:35:10 PM
Author: elle_chris
David- In that pic the N looks like a fancy light yellow.

In normal lighting conditions an N doesn''t look like a fancy color, it looks tinted. I know some people love them and i appreciate that, but for someone that isn''t very familiar with lower color stones and how they look in a less than optimum environment, i think that picture does a disservice.
HI Elle,
Below is a Y-Z color above the N color. This is slightly lighter than a Fancy Light Yellow ( as you mentioned), but you can really see a difference between the N, and the Y-Z.
The color of the photo is accurate to real life. The photos are taken in "normal" lighting conditions. Of course there are many "normal" lighting conditons. In incandescent lighting you''ll see one type of color- fluorsecent makes things look slightly different. The lighting will change the way any diamond- or any thing- looks.

The tint of an N color cushion ( the one in the photo is a cushion- which generally shows mre color than an RBC) is quite strong in just about any lighting.
When you put that tint next to high colored side diamonds, and set it in yellow gold, the N color will look quite yellow.
The truth is that the grading of these lower colors is quite difficult- even for GIA.
What this means is that there''s a lot more inconsistencies within the grades between M and U-V.
I''ve seen two M colored Cushons ( GIA graded) where one looked white, the other showed a lot of tint.....

compcolor2.jpg

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
From my files- another stone graded N color by GIA- no Fluoresence on this one though....

r2613a.JPG

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Same stone from behind- sorry about the fingerprint.

"N" has a lot of color- especially in many cushion or radiant cuts.

I'm seaching the files for an RBC- and one with blue.....

r2613d.JPG

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have an Infinity diamond too. Its an M colour, 1.5ct. It has Med Blue Flourescence. I definitely don't see the yellow tint that David shows in that photo but mine is a round brilliant not a fancy cut. In most lighting my diamond is very sparkly and warm white but not yellow. It can show yellow in certain light but mostly its not hugely yellow.

I personally wouldn't put it with F colour diamonds but thats just a personal choice.
1.gif

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That''s an excellent point, and no surprise Maisie- especially with a stone cut like an Infinity. The entire cut is designed to do bring out the type light you want in a colorless.
On a stone like the cushion, the larger facets, and overall shape make for a longer light-path- put simply, this is part of what increases the perception of color.
The N colored Radiant, to me, is nothing like a colorless stone- I would not like that particular cut in a D color, for example.
I''m sure your stone is a knockout Maisie! It probably looks very much like an I or J color much of the time!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results