shape
carat
color
clarity

NYC diamond district driving reccs

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
To anyone who has been to 47th street - any advice on where to park or the best reccs to get to 47th street. I'll be driving in at some point and after weighing out mass transit (it may take too long and the store may be closed) am hopeful that one of you may frequent the area enough to recommend me an area where parking isn't going to be horrible (or $40 an hour). I know of one place on 103rd I use to direct to when I use to live in the city, but it's been too long and I never drove around back then.

Help appreciated!
Thank you!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you're familiar with the City you can park uptown, where you might even find a free spot- and hop on the F,D,1,2,B,V and many other subway lines down.
If you do venture into the world of midtown gridlock with your vehicle, I'm sorry.
Seriously, this place is one of the cheapest ones in range.

The entrance is on 46th Street between 8th and 7th avenues- but the address shows as 45th
it used t be around $20 a day- call ahead to check current rates.
A lot of the places have specials - but you're required to park before 10am or so.....

Showbiz Parking‎
251 West 45th Street
New York, NY 10036
(212) 819-1866

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Rockdiamond|1336440145|3189682 said:
If you're familiar with the City you can park uptown, where you might even find a free spot- and hop on the F,D,1,2,B,V and many other subway lines down.
If you do venture into the world of midtown gridlock with your vehicle, I'm sorry.
Seriously, this place is one of the cheapest ones in range.

The entrance is on 46th Street between 8th and 7th avenues- but the address shows as 45th
it used t be around $20 a day- call ahead to check current rates.
A lot of the places have specials - but you're required to park before 10am or so.....

Showbiz Parking‎
251 West 45th Street
New York, NY 10036
(212) 819-1866

:) thank you, I'm already dreading it, I'm hoping for metered parking but knowing where an actual garage is makes me feel better- cross your fingers!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There's no metered parking within 30 minutes walk that might work for you - believe me, I've scoped this out.
There are some metered spots on Broadway between 57th and maybe as far south as 50th- but they are one hour meters- so it really does not work for shopping on 47th street- unless you have a runner.
Park far west if you don't mind a long walk. You might find a free spot in the high '40's west of Ninth avenue......

Or try and work parking into the diamond purchase :naughty:

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Rockdiamond|1336442338|3189718 said:
Or try and work parking into the diamond purchase :naughty:

HA! Best advice I've received on this forum yet! ;-) :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results