shape
carat
color
clarity

No uniformity in ring sizing or measuring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Hi

More of a grip than anything else, I am trying to get an eternity ring online but need to know what size stones I want. So using my current engegement ring side diamonds as a baseline , 3 different jewellers gave me three different mm measurements for my stone. Similiarly I know a previous ring I liked (but cant get hold of again) was 15 points per stone, but 15 points seems to vary as well in spread in different jewellery stores - arghhh, - is this normal???
32.gif

Then I thought, oh well at least lets get the sizing right, as I need to get a US size, same thing again 4 different stores and 3 different sizes given on my current ring. It makes online purchasing really difficult as there is not universal ring size - or am I missing something here?

So have other people experienced the same issues and how did you get around it.
cheers
D2B

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, you can ask the online jeweler to send you one of their sizing rings. That would ensure that when you say you''re a six, you''re really THEIR six.

Or you could take a piece of string, wrap it around your finger exactly, cut it, and send it to the jeweler. That, along with the size you think you are might help them ensure that you get the correct size.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results