shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cali6869

Rough_Rock
When I have a ring and Im taking it to a jeweler to get the ring resized, How do I know a Jeweler wouldnt change the stone on the ring. Because I know I wouldnt notice a change...

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have a certificate for the stone, or have you had it appraised? Personally, I'd have it appraised by an independent appraiser before setting, and then have the same appraiser look at it after it's set for confirmation that it wasn't damaged or switched. At the very least, I'd tell the jeweller that I was doing it!
2.gif
. Seriously though, it's a small amount to pay to ensure such a significant purchase is safe.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
The best advice I can give is to go to someone you trust, or at least someone other people trust (in other words, someone with a stellar reputation). After that, try to locate at least one inclusion in your stone, and make sure it's there when you pick it up. Or, get the cert number inscribed on the girdle so you know it's your stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results