shape
carat
color
clarity

New York Jeweller Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

paddymick_2000

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I have booked my trip to New york for Janurary.

I intend to buy the girlfriend an engagement ring while I am there, New York Romance and all that.

The problem with being in New York is lack of time and knowledge of reputable jewellers.

Where would be the best places to shop, I am looking for

Trustworth as it would be very difficult to return if there was a problem

Cost effective as I know very litte about diamonds and will need to take jewelers advice on quailty etc.

Can anyone help or is Tiffanys the place to go..

Thanks a million

Mick

Little

Rough_Rock
I highly recommend Signed Pieces. They are located in a building where there are many vendors, so you can compare quality and prices. I took my husband there to order an anniversary ring. He''s the type of person who hates shopping for jewelry, but he was very impressed by how nice and knowledgeable our salesperson, Jerry, was. They do custom orders too.

Little

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
i think you need a real big supplier so you ahve more than three stones to look at:

a very reputable source is T. Gluck at 15 W. 47th Street. If you want a 1.5 EC they will have a box of stones..................... Very good quality and excellent prices

x-raylucy

Rough_Rock
Don''t forget Diamonds By Lauren (DBL). David Friedlander is great to work with as well. I''ve bought a couple fancy colored diamonds from him just this year alone.
I''m not sure, off hand, where he''s located but I do know he''s in the Diamond District...if you''re interested you can always check his site: diamondsbylauren.com .

Good Luck!
35.gif

--Lucy

paddymick_2000

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the info

Generally are the merchants in the Diamond District Ok, ie unlikley to ripp you off, an Irish accent in New York.

Also is it nessisary to haggle or are the quoted prices firm.

dominic

Rough_Rock
I''d Haggle all the way, after all if you don''t ask, you don''t get.
25.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
for god sake---pricescope your "target" stone and have everything written down so that say you find something but the clarity is off a bit.you can make a good decision knowing what the price should be:

ie. you are after an ideal cut 1 carat round E vs2

run a pricescope price search on:

an Fvs2
an evs1
an esi1

etc etc--you may find something slightly different than your target but you can make a good $$$$ decision if you have some prices down for that particular stone

and dont forget cut .................

reena

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2004 1:25:10 PM
Author: paddymick_2000
Thanks for all the info

Generally are the merchants in the Diamond District Ok, ie unlikley to ripp you off, an Irish accent in New York.

Also is it nessisary to haggle or are the quoted prices firm.
the pricescope merchants that were just recommended to you (some of which are in the diamond district) are all very reputable, and you do not need to worry that they will rip you off. thus if i were you, i would stick with one of those vendors (or a local jeweler that you trust, if you have one.)

as for walking into a random diamond district storefront and buying a stone cold? well . . . if you''re determined to do that, i would just be very careful. try to make your purchase contingent on satisfactory appraisal by an independent appraiser or, failing that, be sure there is an airtight return policy and have the stone appraised immediately before you decide whether or not to keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results