shape
carat
color
clarity

New earrings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Well, I came into these new earrings in a roundabout way. I started out looking for a .55-.60 stone for a pendant. I was so excited for Jellybean's new ring project that I opened my trap and suggested an Expert Selection stone - .55 J, SI1 - before considering that *I* may want that stone for myself!

Of course, Jellybean bought that stone, so I had to expand my search. I found a .57 J, SI2 stone from Wink that was nearly H&A for a similar price. This stone appealed to me because it had strong blue fluor, and I've been wanting to get a blue fluor stone.

In the meantime, Jellybean decided to upgrade to her present .72, so she returned the .55 Expert Selection stone. NOW what should I do, I thought....I have two great choices. As I began comparing them, an evil little thought occurred to me......these are SO well matched, they'd make great earrings! I'd wanted to get earrings around this size.....ESPECIALLY after Noobie posted his wife's new earrings (thanks a LOT, NOOBIE, for creating a monster
9.gif
).

The net result is my new 3-prong, martini earrings. I have to say....I'm just amazed at how white they face up. Hard to tell from some of these pics because I had recess lighting. I've put these stones next to my H e-ring, and there is no face-up difference.

This was my first purchase from Wink, and I want to thank him for his prompt responses and how easy it was to work with him.

Thanks to all of you here, too, who replied to my inquiries asking for your experiences with Wink. I appreciate the time you took to help provide insights; that diligence makes purchasing from someone new so much easier.

This was my fifth purchase from Whiteflash, and as usual, they didn't disappoint. I sent Wink's stone to them, and they assured me both stones were extremely well matched and set them beautifully.

I'm still on the hunt for a pendant stone, which hopefully will materialize in the next month or two. Until then, I can enjoy these!

LOVE the arrows in these stones....YUM!

jears2.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
...another shot

jears1.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
another

jears6.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
on the ear

jontheear.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
........ah..........

jears4.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
last one.

jears5.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh alj! I just love love love your new earrings! They are fantastic and the perfect size with your ears! Congrats!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
yay!!
36.gif
awesome aljdewey!! congrats on your new earrings!
can''t wait to see what you come up with for the pendant!
3.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
They look great. Perfect size.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo, they look terrific
36.gif
I just love those martini settings...i''m may have to add your pics to my wish list folder for hubby
31.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Yeah!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
They turned out beautifully. Yours are about the same size as mine. I think they are perfect for everyday.

It''s a credit to the vendors that you were able to easily buy from two different vendors and end up with such a great result.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Good job al! It''s fun to put them together yourself isn''t it? Lot more work though. I hope others can learn from this that it''s not that hard to match stones if you want to try.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The hard diamond-finding work is the fun part!!!

Fabulous as you already know, Al...make sure you bequeath them to me in your will.
31.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2005 12:35:01 PM
Author: lop
Yeah!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
They turned out beautifully. Yours are about the same size as mine. I think they are perfect for everyday.

It''s a credit to the vendors that you were able to easily buy from two different vendors and end up with such a great result.
Ditto that, and many congratulations!

1.gif
36.gif
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2005 12:03:10 PM
Author: ForteKitty
Nice!
Do they both have strong fluor?
No...the one from Wink has strong fluor; the one from WF has none.

I really don't see any difference in them; the only time it would be evident would be if I went into a nightclub or something. Then one of my ears would glow blue and the other wouldn't!

Sevens: Thanks - actually, it was funny about the size. When I got them and put them on, all I could think is "Wow, they're BIG!" I don't think I'd want to go any bigger for daily wear. These are NOTICEABLY bigger than the .39s I had.

Lop, yes it is a credit to both vendors to come up with such a great result. Every time I work with the vendors here, I'm just amazed at how easy they make it to do business. Wink sent my stone out the same day we agreed on purchase terms....I was stunned he didn't want to wait for my check to arrive/clear. He felt that wasn't necessary...that I was good for it. How amazing in today's day!

Similarly, with Whiteflash....they pulled the stone and held it for more than a week on my verbal promise to purchase; they didn't address payment until the earrings were done and ready to ship.

Thanks to all for the wonderful comments here and sharing in my excitement!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats on your fun new treat!

My kids are in the office with me and I showed them these pictures, but only they're impressed with your Velma picture!
9.gif

Oh, and is your pendant project on hold?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2005 3:12:43 PM
Author: MichelleCarmen
Beautiful! Congrats on your fun new treat!

My kids are in the office with me and I showed them these pictures, but only they''re impressed with your Velma picture!
9.gif

Oh, and is your pendant project on hold?
VELMA ROCKS! hehehehehe Smart children....I wish *I* was impressed by the Velma picture - it would be a LOT less expensive than the diamonds!
9.gif

No, pendant isn''t on hold, actually. I''m ready to go on that, but I''m waiting for the stone candidates to arrive. There are 3-4 possible stones that would fit the bill here, but they haven''t come back from the grading lab yet.

I''m hoping we can get it going for early summer.....it will be short-sleeved blouse season with open collars....perfect for a pendant! And, it''s an early birthday present to myself (b-day in August, and it''s a "0" one - YIKES).

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
GREAT earrings!! They are the perfect size!!! LOOOOVEEEE THEM!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I had a "0" Birthday last July....and a diamond is the perfect way to celebrate!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous...and devilishly good at the same time!!! They look awesome on your ear...I want some!!!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
very beautiful pair.
30.gif
10.gif
3-prong martini setting
36.gif
WF and Wink.
36.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to the sisterhood of well-dressed lobes. They are beautiful.

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
They''re BEAUTIFUL!!! love the setting and they''re the perfect size...great find!!! klr

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2005 2:33:39 PM
Author: noobie
Good job al! It''s fun to put them together yourself isn''t it? Lot more work though. I hope others can learn from this that it''s not that hard to match stones if you want to try.
Noob: the funny thing is, I stumbled into it by accident. I was trying to choose one of these for a pendant, and in comparing them, it struck me how similar they were.

The funniest thing: I had seen the .55 on WF''s site for a while and had thought it would make a great earring, but they never had anything to match it.

Mara: If I leave them to you in my will, I''ll have to do it without telling you. If I tell you, I KNOW you''ll get my knocked off to get them!
9.gif
11.gif
31.gif

Thanks again to all for the lovely feedback.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i wish my wife''s earrings were in a 3-prong martini setting.
36.gif
they''re in a 4 prong basket style now.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/1/2005 6:58:55 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
36.gif
Ditto...I was thinking about having mine reset this AM, and now I see this!!!!!

Beautiful, Aljdewey....you made a great choice of stones!!!!!!

How do they feel? My baskets sometimes "sag," at least on one ear....do you like the martini''s better????

36.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2005 7:16:47 PM
Author: Maxine

Date: 6/1/2005 6:58:55 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
36.gif
Ditto...I was thinking about having mine reset this AM, and now I see this!!!!!

Beautiful, Aljdewey....you made a great choice of stones!!!!!!

How do they feel? My baskets sometimes ''sag,'' at least on one ear....do you like the martini''s better????

36.gif
Maxine
i don''t know,my ears aren''t pierce or else i''ll try them on and let you know.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results