shape
carat
color
clarity

New Design for Emerald Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I''m searching for a new design for my emerald cut diamond, because the mount I have just doesn''t do it for me.

Has anyone seen a mount with bagguetts down the 3/4 way? It looks like a solitaire with small bags set end to end, about 2mm wide. I thought i saw it here before, but now I can''t find it...
33.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
For some reason that site is blocked... I''m at work right now. Can anyone post a picture of it please?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Top right..is this the one?

2751.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
yes! but the one I saw didn''t have that much metal showing on the shank.. and the baggs were bigger. Did they have a profile shot for that ring?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
yes but at a diamond vendor---------ec set in prongs with channel set baguettes running long ways away from the stone-simply spectacular

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry you're not happy with the setting you picked out. Can you find this new style locally to try on first?

Oh, and what kind of diamond pendant do you have? I'm just being nosey
3.gif
(lol) and thought you could post a photo in Seven's one's pendant thread!
9.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
it''s a 3 stone bezel set that looks like the Tiffany bubble. The 5 stone was too much for me so I got the 3 stone. 1ctw. I love it!

I couldn''t find that ring design anywhere locally so I can''t try it on, and am kinda hesitant about ordering something custom. What if I don''t like it again?!

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Do you like this one? it''s by DCD.

MENO-E10.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Mine is in a split prong (non-pave) right now and i''m not really loving it. I think a thin, solid shank would look better with my hand. For some reason, the split shank takes away the focus from the center stone.

I''ll post a picture tomorrow when there''s sun and hopefully you guys can see what I mean.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you tried any designs on at retailers? I''d do this. . . also, I still think you should sit on your stone a bit until you find the ultimate design. Save up some money and find exactly what feels and looks right. No need to hurry!

Good luck.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
You''re right. I should just wait.
7.gif

In the mean time, should I put the diamond in a safe and set an Interlap in its place so I can at least wear it around casually w/o worrying about losing the ring? It does look nice, just not my taste.

Maybe I''d be more inclined to wear it if I didn''t put so much pressure on it...
3.gif

amytude

Shiny_Rock
Treysar,
I like that setting and i''m searching for an EC right now. Thx for sharing! I think EC''s are the most difficult for finding a setting. When I was searching for RB''s, I found tons of settings that I loved. My DH swears that if you put out 3 items in front of me with no knowledge of price whatsoever, I will inevitably choose the most expensive. Hey, I can''t help that, now can I???

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2005 12:58:28 AM
Author: ForteKitty
You''re right. I should just wait.
7.gif

In the mean time, should I put the diamond in a safe and set an Interlap in its place so I can at least wear it around casually w/o worrying about losing the ring? It does look nice, just not my taste.

Maybe I''d be more inclined to wear it if I didn''t put so much pressure on it...
3.gif
Yeah, you know just look around a bit. I totally understand wanting to wear the ring RIGHT away
2.gif
but then again you''ll have this stone for the rest of your life so it''d make the most sense taking some time to find what fits you most rather than rush into another design you end up finding blah.

If the ring doesn''t suit you, maybe sell the setting on ebay and put the $ toward something you''d more enjoy (a little treat like a diamond toe ring
9.gif
). If the style ring isn''t your taste w/a real diamond, would it feel any more like you with a cz?

good luck. . .(if I were you, I''d spend a couple days browsing high-end jewelry stores for some ideas
2.gif
You may find something dazzling.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results