shape
carat
color
clarity

New 1.20 H SI2 diamond!! Now, how to set it?

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
After my husband swore an upgrade would never happen...it happened. Went from a .78ct to 1.20ct, dropped in color and clarity, but went up in cut quality.

Now I have several options to set it- put it into my 3 stone (will have slightly more finger coverage bc side stones will be moved over), place into a solitaire, or do a halo. I've ordered a couple of sapphires to potentially put in my three stone; the one here in the pics is what the jeweler had in stock just so I could see.

Thoughts? I'd be worried I wouldn't see enough difference but I do!

_11474.jpg

_11475.jpg

_11476.jpg

_11477.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a fan of the three stone option because I like the finger coverage and the bling factor. And of ourse the sapphire looks amazing in there too!! Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see the final product!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always have a little trouble offering opinions on threads like these, only because it boils down to individual preferences! I guess I can only offer what I'd do - I'm more of a "one ring to rule them all" kind of person and I don't wear rhrs, so for me I'd probably stay with the diamond 3 stone. The bling and coverage will be amazing! But in another thread you mentioned you were a bit bored with your current style, so if you love the look of the sapphire 3 stone and you want a change, I'd go with a halo for your new diamond…because I'm a card carrying halo lover! I reset my oec into one recently and I'm really happy with it.

At any rate, what a wonderful dilemma to have! Congrats on your upgrade and good luck with your decision!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
to me its more bang for your buck to get the RHR 3 stone, and then do up the solitaire.

I really like the solitaire pave option you had, but i know you liked the halo. If you did the halo, id go plain shank, as i know you were concerned about it being too much

Rockredo

Shiny_Rock
I just went from a 3 stone with a 1.29 center and .55 sides to a halo. Although I am not sure I am happy with the cushion shape, the halo does make the 1.29 diamond look like its 2ct! I think it depends if you want vertical or horizontal coverage. The sapphires are gorgeous too! Here is my before and after on my hand, to compare. Both have a 1.29 same stone. Good luck deciding!

_11482.jpg

_11483.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally prefer it in your three stone! I don't mind the sapphire three stone but I think the three diamonds together are insane.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone! I would stick with the 3 stone setting.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! Well either option is great, but gosh, I SO love the sapphire in your current 3 stone setting! So I would do that and then get another setting for the new diamond!

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
Hi Logan this is very exciting!! Well I love the first ring and I was wondering if you happen to remember the size of the diamonds

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
We'll I'm one of the stick-in- the-Muds that just loves your three-stone.
For some reason a three stone looks so good on you...
And I've always been a solitaire girl myself, tried and true.
But your three-stone is making me rethink my options (again).
So elegant on you!
So, I'm voting three stone....
But hey you would undoubtedly rock a halo very, very well...
Also, just not sure I'm really totally in love with the diamond-sapph three stone combo.
I do love coloured three stones though, red red wine's garnet red and pink three stone was really something!

Eta: maybe you could make halo earrings with your sides and do a full cs three stone? Hey it's just another silly idea.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Much as I like 3-stone rings, I prefer the main stone to be a coloured stone with diamond side stones, than the other way round.

Therefore, my choice would be a halo.

Enjoy your new ring.

DK :))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say put it in a solitaire then later when you want to change things up and want more bling
Then put it in the three stone.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1383481488|3549465 said:
I say put it in a solitaire then later when you want to change things up and want more bling
Then put it in the three stone.

Right I say that as well. If time goes by you want to mix and match, you have all the parts needed.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recommend puting the new 1.2 ct diamond into a simple solitaire setting unless you know that this will be your last upgrade. I do think the sapphire looks great in your old 3 stone setting!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Still contemplating what to do, but thought it'd be interesting to see a side by side comparison of the .78 and 1.2. I can definitely tell a color difference as the old stone was an E.

_11538.jpg

_11539.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Just thought I'd update that I decided to stay with the 3 stone and get a new wedding ring. I picked up the ering today but it needs to go back bc I'm not happy with some of the prongs. Looks great otherwise though.

_12059.jpg

_12060.jpg

_12061.jpg

_12062.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowser! Careful driving - don't blind yourself or other drivers and pedestrians with that bling!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Rockredo|1383416069|3549127 said:
I just went from a 3 stone with a 1.29 center and .55 sides to a halo. Although I am not sure I am happy with the cushion shape, the halo does make the 1.29 diamond look like its 2ct! I think it depends if you want vertical or horizontal coverage. The sapphires are gorgeous too! Here is my before and after on my hand, to compare. Both have a 1.29 same stone. Good luck deciding!

Rockredo i know it is personal preference but I think your halo is amazing. I am sad that you aren't happy

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Logan Sapphire|1384973058|3559920 said:
Just thought I'd update that I decided to stay with the 3 stone and get a new wedding ring. I picked up the ering today but it needs to go back bc I'm not happy with some of the prongs. Looks great otherwise though.
I think you made the right choice! The three stone looks amazing on your hand!! :appl:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Great choice LS! I love your three stone :love: Are those bands you're wearing in the pics the new ones?
Love the ruby one!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results