shape
carat
color
clarity

Negotiating Price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dan862

Rough_Rock
I know you can walk into the jewelry store and haggle a price. Sometimes you get the old school, "I can sell you that for 600 dollars off the tag." I am wondering, has anyone ever tried negotiating with the online vendors? If you buy a ring and diamond from someone why not ask for a discount?

Cheers,

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Similar, yes... but I am curious how the internet companies handle negotiating as well..

dan862

Rough_Rock
Yes, I saw that thread the other day and it got me curious about this issue. I was polling to see if anyone has ever tried to negotiate with online retailers. After reading several posts, I understand that Tiffany is the only one that will not negotiate price. I just don''t want to waste my breath if most internet dealers list the lowest price.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Dan,

The general consensus here is that the online vendors are ALREADY giving you a rock-bottom (oh goodness, that was terrible) price -- they're not likely to drop it any further. They are much cheaper than most B&M stores... Not sure you're going to out-do the prices from some place like WhiteFlash, GoodOldGold, JamesAllen, etc...

just search for online vs. B&M and you'll notice the trend that people appreciate online BECAUSE there is no car salesman haggling involved. They simply already list stones at that reasonable price.

Hope this helps,

ETA: But it NEVER hurts to ask! Just don't be offended if they chuckle...

Aussiegirl : p

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results