shape
carat
color
clarity

Needs an expert opionion on this 2 diamond for the final countdown

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

weevenge

Rough_Rock
Diamond 1

vs

Diamond 2

Hi guys,

Really new here, found this place by chance last week and since than have been spending tons of time around looking for the ideal diamond for my proposal ......

need something that is gentle for the pocket, best value, and the most excellent diamond i can get for my budget....came down to this 2 contenders and wondering if you guys can give me some geniune opionion on which one i should choose.

or is there anyone else with better suggestions ?

Many thanks in advance for all bros and sis kind assistances.....

Regards
Jackson
Singapore

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
that''s easy.
they are both very nice, but #2 is the better value. it''s bigger and less $$.
best of luck to you!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Yup, I agree with Belle. I checked the numbers, and they both look very nice. The only thing that would point me to the second over the first is the value. Bigger and cheaper. Woohoo, win/win.
2.gif

shay

weevenge

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

How about the quality and the fire of these 2 diamonds....since its an online purchase , there is no way i can see for myself .... in terms of the specs displayed ...which would be of better grade ?

thinking of the quality and not the quanity theory ... ;-)

cheers

weevenge

Rough_Rock
Hi guys....

one more selection

DIAMOND 3

what do u guys think of it ????

really close to making a decision soon ...but dont know which one will suit and impress me most when i see my purchase

thanks in advance!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
#2 is the better deal unless you want a D vvs2 because its a D vvs2

They are both very well cut diamonds.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i still like #2.
2.gif
i would take #3 out of the equation because of the depth.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2005 11:50:49 AM
Author: belle
i still like #2.
2.gif
i would take #3 out of the equation because of the depth.
I completely agree. I like a stone with a little more of its weight in the face up position.
2.gif

shay

weevenge

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

Pardon my ignorance and being a novice, but what does the dept of diamond 3 say about the diamond making it not so ideal choice?

for me personally , diamond 3 just adds up 0.01+ ct that cost the additional $600 is a turn off .... but then again it has better grade of D and VS1 compare to the diamond 2 E VS2...

pls advise

regards
jackson

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone correct me if I''m wrong, but I believe it''s because most people like to stay in the ~60-61.5 range for depth.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2005 12:58:56 PM
Author: Kim N
Someone correct me if I''m wrong, but I believe it''s because most people like to stay in the ~60-61.5 range for depth.
Yes, and no, Kim. For me, personally, I like it even tighter. That''s just me. Some people feel the same. Others do not care. The reason it is MY personal PREFERENCE (not right or wrong) is because carat is a weight. The deeper the diamond is cut, the more weight is hiding in the pavilion. More weight on the bottom = less milimeters to look at up top in the spread.
38.gif

I personally would like to "see" what I pay for up top. It''s just that simple for me. For others, it may be a different story.

shay

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think number 2 looks best out of the three you have posted.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I agree -- number 2 is the best out of the ones you posted. Not only is it the least expensive (not the reason why I would chose it, just a bonus) but because it is a super ideal cut. The ACA stones are awesome.

weevenge

Rough_Rock
Buy back is not really a prob since there is already a refund policy , i think my FW will like it if i like it ... hehehe

very very hard to make a decision here ....anyone else has anything opinions .....

pls advise

regards
jackson

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2005 1:31:56 AM
Author: tinhtu
Also consider this :

Stone 1 is from GOG, 30 days refundable, 25% buy back
http://www.goodoldgold.com/refund_exchange_policies.htm

Stone 2 is from WF, 10 days refundable, No buy back
http://www.whiteflash.com/policies/return.aspx#refund

IMO, stone 1 is the better choice.
18.gif

Tinhtu.....neither of these is correct regarding "buy back"

GOG''s policy is not 25% buy back.....it''s 75%. The policy reads they will buy back the stone LESS 25% of its purchase price.

Further, WF does also have a buyback policy you missed......it''s 70% of the purchase price. You can find that here: http://www.whiteflash.com/policies/payback.aspx

However, I completely agree with Weevenge....unless he''s unsure she''ll accept or that they''ll stay together, this is the least of the "services" he should worry about.

tinhtu

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/9/2005 8:06:05 AM
Author: aljdewey

Tinhtu.....neither of these is correct regarding ''buy back''

GOG''s policy is not 25% buy back.....it''s 75%. The policy reads they will buy back the stone LESS 25% of its purchase price.

Further, WF does also have a buyback policy you missed......it''s 70% of the purchase price. You can find that here: http://www.whiteflash.com/policies/payback.aspx

However, I completely agree with Weevenge....unless he''s unsure she''ll accept or that they''ll stay together, this is the least of the ''services'' he should worry about.
Ali,

It''s only one year at WF. am I correct?

One-Year Buy Back Policy
If at any time after your 10-day inspection has expired, and within one year after purchase has been made, if you wish to sell the diamond, Whiteflash.com, Inc, will buy it back at 70% of the original purchase price.
The diamond needs to be in original, undamaged condition and accompanied by its original certificate.
If original certificate has been misplaced, there is a $200 re-certification charge.
Please note that EGL certified diamonds do not qualify for our one year buy back or lifetime upgrade policy.

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
Hi Weevenge,

Your first ''diamond 2'' is listed as being sold. Did you buy it?

I don''t know what your purchase criteria are - looks like you are picky with regards to colour and clarity. Is that just your personal preference? Since you are looking at really nicely cut stones I think that you could feel pretty safe dropping to lower colour and clarity. This allows you to get bigger diamonds for your budget!

weevenge

Rough_Rock
Hi fisio,

Not too sure about it being sold, WF is suppose to hold it for me , i havent heard anything from them regarding this diamond since yesterday , if that is really the case , i think its really bad , coz i am still considering which to get....

If WF works this way i think its the last time i will ever hear from them again .....

7.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Wee, when WF holds a diamond, it is marked as sold on their site. That''s how they do it. Also, feel free to call them. That is what they are there for. They are classy people, and if they hold a diamond for you, it will not be sold out from under you. If you are concerned, please call whoever you are working with. They will set your mind at ease.
2.gif

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results