shape
carat
color
clarity

needle inclusion - surface?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

1stdiamondbuy

Rough_Rock
I have attempted to attach the GIA zoom in on the inclusions. This is for a VS2. I received the GIA via e-mail before purchasing and did not see the needle inclusion (at the 6:00 position of picture) on the scanned image. I also had the diamond sent directly to an appraiser. I again did not see the needle at is office but asked him if there was anything to be concerned about regarding this diamond and he said no. Upon picking up the diamond, I am somewhat concerned with the small needle inclusion. The bottom view of the diamond shows this inclusion as a speck right on what appears to be the girdle (not visible on scanned image). Is this needle inclusion possibly surfaced at the girdle? My appraiser is out of town for 2 weeks and I do not know of any others in Columbus OH area, so I''d like to know if I should possibly return this before the return period runs out. Is this needle an imminent problem that could fracture the diamond when mounting, or is it OK to just have the ring insured after mounting and if anything happens down the road, it is covered (by the way, I cannot find anybody to insure the loose stone and no local places take liability for damage while mounting). Thanks for all the help.

gia (2).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results