shape
carat
color
clarity

Need to know if I am paying too much

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

skdeshpande

Rough_Rock
Hi All,
I am new to this forum and diamond buying. I am interested in buying this necklace :3 stone diamond ( total 0.5 carat ) set in 14 carat gold .Its three stones one smaller then the other hanging vertically down , held by nice prongs( not too visible). The diamonds are H color and "I" clarity. These are round brilliant cut diamonds . I cannot see the imperfection with th naked eye but was able to see an inclusion through a scope, not a loop . The place where i wanted to buy this is called benbridge jewellers in sandiego. They want me to pay $500 +taxes. Please let me know if I am paying too much and any feedback or experience with these jewellers or any place where I could buy one such for less within a weeks time from today.

Thanks,

-srikanth.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

I've purchased from Ben Bridge jewelers before and they were a good company to buy from quality wise BUT, I paid far too much for my purchase.

The necklace you're looking at is probably the standard fashion jewelry they sell. "I" clarity isn't the best but for a necklace is perfectly suitable and a good option financially speaking. If the stones aren't graded, then the H color most likely is an I or J. Usually there's a bit of lee way when absent a certificate.

Does the necklace sparkle? This is the most important question.

Before buying from a local store, I'd invest in an ideal scope to make sure the stones have adequate light return because with a pendant, this is the most important characteristic. . .most go down in color/clarity for necklaces.

https://www.pricescope.com/idealscope_indx.asp

Edited to add: my husband's cousin purchased this necklace and was VERY happy with it. It sparkles wonderfully *in sunlight*
http://www.benbridge.com/store/catalog/14k_chalcedony_and_diamond-p-3586.html

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results