shape
carat
color
clarity

Need the cushion experts to weigh in:1 CTs with ASETs

TXTrojan90

Rough_Rock
As so many before me, I've sifted through thread after thread regarding cushions, vendors, settings, etc. This website and forum has a wealth of knowledge and I, like so many, are grateful for those helping us out(especially the men).

I'm looking to do a tiffany soleste replica(possibly single halo) and I'm pricing out vendors and weighing my options. I'll likely post a new topic for help on the ideal metrics(melee size, band width, etc.) to obtain for that after I get the perfect cushion(which has been a daunting task to say the least).

Here are the A-players that I've identified thus far. I was really hoping to stay under 6K for the stone. Was trying to be under 7.5K for the entire set-up:

1) https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/C101-12FW9D Both regular image and ASET can be found here

This stone is a 1.01 G/VS1 "X-factor" branded cushion from ED. In my novice review of the ASET, I see great optical symmetry in the faceting: Reds are prevalent and symmetrical; greens; and some blue for contrast. There is some leakage on the outer edges of the 4 sides and some under the table, but I would say this is maybe 5-10% leakage in comparison to the total diamond.

Downside: Enchanted is somewhat of an unknown, and the diamond is likely coming from India(5-10 business days to receive).

2) https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/C101-FF6DTS Both regular and ASET can be found here

For comparison from identical vendor, This stone is a 1.01 E/VS1 "X-factor" branded cushion from ED. Same great optical symmetry(slight leakage on right side). Again this diamond is coming from overseas. However, it does seem that there is a 30-day return policy. Still, this vendor is relatively new and not sure how they perform in post-sale service.

Now to an ASET for a stone from a "known" quantity in Mark T. @ Brilliantly Engaged. First of all, he has been tremendously helpful. To be frank, even if this stone doesn't quite measure up to the ones above, I think i'll move forward with him if it's close enough. I know they support their product and they do great work with settings:

1) 1.01 F/VS1; still waiting to get the GIA to identify the cushion plot. Looks to be a modified cushion based on the ASET.

I've attached the ASET. Hope it can be seen(Tried inserting it as well). No actual image yet. When I receive it, I'll post that as well. I see less red under the table, but more total color(red,green, and blue). Doesn't seem to be a ton of white light leakage, but maybe black? The symmetry doesn't seem to be nearly as good as the ASETs above. As a whole, I think this ASET is still really solid, but I'm not sure if it's better than the ones from above(they do look to be ASETs of two different types---which one is more accurate?)

beau.png

If you can't tell, I'm conflicted. Then to add all that, there are diamonds via GoodOldGold and Blue Nile that grade out AGS Ideal O that are in my price range, but are <1CT. I don't want to go to small though, as I don't think it would look as good in a single halo or double halo soleste-type setting.

Really hoping you knowledgable folk can help point me in the right direction. No advice is bad advice!

Thanks so much!

TXTrojan90

Rough_Rock
Anyone? :( does gypsy or charmy still comment on these forums? They seemed to have a ton of knowledge/advice when it came to cushions.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 - my favourite out of the ones you've posted. (cant view aset)
#2 - I dont love the faceting, the strong fluor could be an issue (cant view aset)
#3 - looks quite dark, has leakage. 2nd fave depending on the actual photos of it.

I'd lean towards BE if you are getting the setting from them. Their settings are so beautiful. If you could swing it, I'd probably buy 1 and 3 and see which you prefer. Both have good return policies.

TXTrojan90

Rough_Rock
I'm including an actual image of the BE option 1 from original post along with a second option that just came into inventory(a 1.03 E/VS2)

img_0200.jpg

Those are the actuals. F on the left; E on the right.

Here are their corresponding ASETs:

beau.png

That is the F color

x4788_1.jpg

That is the E color

I personally liked the E better(both in terms of actual and ASET) and so I've held that one. It faces-up larger with it's dimensions and I think it will look stunning in a double or single halo split-shank setting. It had some twinning wisps via the plot diagram, but they show more on the pavilion side as opposed to top-side/crown.

I hope I can get some confirmation that this was a good choice. I think Mark and team will do great work.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
I like the patterning in the center of the F but prefer the shape of the E. I like the Soleste design and think a double halo is the way to go. The inner halo blends into the center and helps make it look larger.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results