shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some feedback on an emerald setting.. have photo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Merry-lynn

Rough_Rock
Hi There,

I hail from Canada and this is my first post. I''ve been obsessing over this forum and have learned so much. Thanks!

Here is a photo of a ring that I love. The stone is a fake and I can''t find anything similar that is not a tension setting. I don''t want a tension.

Has anyone come across something similar.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Merry-lynn in Canada
21.gif

emeraldwithatwist.jpg

JC

Shiny_Rock
Well, I haven't seen anything similar. However, I did want to tell you that I think that is a beautiful design. Good luck...

wavey.gif

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
Well, from that angle at least, that certainly LOOKS like a tension setting... is it not?

Anyway, instead of a tension setting you can get a setting that looks like one, but with some metal under the stone, so it's actually channel set.

What is it that you like about the setting that you're looking for? To me at least, it looks like you're looking for a tension setting or a look-alike, from that picture... What's so bad about a tension setting, anyway?

Merry-lynn

Rough_Rock
I really like the way the EC is set. The simplicity of the setting, the fact that it is really clean. It is different than a length-wise or vertical setting.

You are right that this one is tension of a CZ. I do like the tension settings but am too active to buy one.

Thanks for responding.

questionsRus

Shiny_Rock
i can't tell, are there triangle (trillian?) diamonds on either side of the square? or is the band just real shiny? the only settings similar that i have seen are in tension settings, have you read the other threads on here about them? there are a whole bunch that will come up if you do a search for "tension setting" in the search through this forum, it might be ok for activity, i would assume the activity would just be jarring your body, not wrenching the right right? i will look for a setting like it for a while :)

questionsRus

Shiny_Rock
here is one that you will find interesting: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chipping-or-losing-stone-on-tension-setting-titanium-ring.2780/

another

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-to-the-board-time-to-get-engaged.3806/

i hope i am not sounding pushy about getting one, i'm just trying to help you get information so maybe you wouldn't be as worried about wearing it if that's what you choose. if i find any more links i will just edit this post and put them in it.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Wouldn't that setting cover up an aweful lot of the stone? Just my 2 cents...

Merry-lynn

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I came to this forum to be educated so I don't feel that people are being pushy. I appreciate all the help that I can get. I'm still looking and learning.

Re: covering up the stone question. I haven't been able to find something that is similar to actually see it in person. There was something similar once, but I was so ignorant to the world of diamonds that I can't really remember.

Keep the feedback coming !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results