shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions on this princess cut, please ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

themagazinescene

Rough_Rock
GIA
1.00 carat
E Color
SI1 Clarity
71.4 Depth
69 Table
X Polish
VG Symmetry
5.48x5.46x3.9
crown 43.0 11.7%
pavil 59.3 56.7%
culet .6% off 2.5%
girdle 3.2% (3.2-3.3)%

I am planning on buying the diamond tomorrow from Martin at usacert; whom from my conversations thus far is an awesome guy. What do ya think of it and how much do you think is a fair price for it.

Thanks everyone,

Ben

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
How accurate do you want the advice to be?

Have Martin send it to be analyzed to be sure. It''s a fancy shape, and the numbers don''t always work out with the expected light performance.

Rockdoc

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
First of all, kudos to Martin for providing you already with some angles on pavilion and crown. Unfortunately, both Sarin and OGI still do not give all the necessary angles to start a preliminary assessment of the cut of a princess-shape.

For that, one needs 2 pavilion angles (P1 and P2) and 2 crown angles (C1 and C2). I have tried to deduct the missing information from what you provide.

Considering that the indicated pavilion angle is P1, and knowing the pavilion depth, one can deduct P2, which should be around 39°.

If the indicated crown angle is C1, then one needs a very flat C2-angle to arrive at this table size with this crown height. I have calculated a C2 of 30°.

If I then check the ''cutting guidelines'' of the upcoming AGS-system, this combination is not on their charts. The closest combination on the charts is at the borderline of the future AGS-2 and AGS-3.

Now, it is very important that this does not scare you. There are a lot of things that I like about this particular diamond. To start, it is very square, which should add to the optical symmetry. Knowing this, the pavilion is not as deep as most princess-cuts, which are cut for weight. This is a very important factor, since the pavilion is the basis of the light performance of a diamond, and I especially like that in this diamond.

As for the crown- and table-area, because of the undeep pavilion, the cutter had to gain some weight there, and chose for a weird combo of C1 and C2.

All in all, based only on the numbers, I would say that this diamond has the potential of being one of the better performers on the current princess-market.

I hope that this helped,

Live long,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results