shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions on this diamond - Have Links to Idealscope / Sarin report / Diamond Image

Hey guys, me again.. just looking for opinions on a particular diamond. I hope this is enough information.

"I'm thrilled to let you know that the Princess 1.02 I SI1 arrived this morning. I was one of the first to see the stone in person. It's truly a magnificent diamond! The SI1 is absolutely eye-clean. It faces up brilliant and white with beautiful performance."

1. Diamond image
**Link removed by Moderator. Please upload images directly to forum**

2. Idealscope image

3. Sarin report

I do appreciate everyone's opinions very much!

This is the email I got.

"Jamie has left for the evening. Our ASET camera is not working so we can''t provide you with the ASET image taken by the camera. Brian will be back in the office tomorrow and he may be able to take a manual ASET for you. We''ll keep you posted."

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/11/2010 8:07:26 PM
Author: helpmefindagooddiamond
This is the email I got.

''Jamie has left for the evening. Our ASET camera is not working so we can''t provide you with the ASET image taken by the camera. Brian will be back in the office tomorrow and he may be able to take a manual ASET for you. We''ll keep you posted.''
Ok post it when you have it then we can go from there.

and finally, the last.. I have never had such a hard time uploading files to a forum. First the files were too big to upload so I put them on a different server and then a mod took them off. So I had to chop up the files.. then it kept giving me this error

An error occurred uploading a file: file name bad or non-existent or file with same name already exists and overwrite disabled

So I had to changed the file names of all the files.. then I was getting this error -

ERROR!

Error Message
Unspecified error. Please report this error to the webmaster of this board. Thank you.

Detailed error information:
Transaction (Process ID 134) was deadlocked on lock | communication buffer resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

If you want more information about this error or would like to report this error to the administrator of this bulletin board, please contact the webmaster of this web site. We appologize for any inconvenience this might''ve caused you.

dfasdfaskfasdklfdsa.JPG

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is because PS saves all the images ever loaded onto PS, filenames have to be unique and files not too big.

What about the grading report?

On the GIA report or the file I attached? If it''s the file attached it''s probably because they put on there that it''s a 1.20 ct when it''s actually a 1.02.

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sarin scan numbers are wrong. Try dividing the depth, crown and pavilion physical dimensions by the width and see for yourself.

I''m just looking for any opinions.. professional or not. I''m sure everyone on this board knows more than me about diamonds.

The price on this diamond is about 3k.. Does it appear as though it will have good light return? Would you buy it if you were in

the market for this size diamond or move on?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/16/2010 5:19:44 AM
I''m just looking for any opinions.. professional or not. I''m sure everyone on this board knows more than me about diamonds.

The price on this diamond is about 3k.. Does it appear as though it will have good light return? Would you buy it if you were in

the market for this size diamond or move on?
Hi HMF,

Sorry, I must have missed this. The diamond has potential from the images, I take it the stone is one Brian Gavin has been investigating for you? If so, it sounds as if his opinion on the stone is favourable which carries a lot of weight with me.

Thank you Lorelei, you''ve been more than helpful in my search. I''m going to go ahead and order this diamond along with a setting tomorrow morning. And yes, this is a diamond from Brian Gavin. I haven''t spoken with him directly - actually working with an employee there, who has been very helpful in getting everything I''ve asked for.

Have a good evening / night / morning, whichever it may be in your part of the world. (5 am here - just got off work)

I''ll keep you guys posted when the ring comes in.. I''ll take some photos.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/16/2010 5:44:01 AM
Thank you Lorelei, you've been more than helpful in my search. I'm going to go ahead and order this diamond along with a setting tomorrow morning. And yes, this is a diamond from Brian Gavin. I haven't spoken with him directly - actually working with an employee there, who has been very helpful in getting everything I've asked for.

Have a good evening / night / morning, whichever it may be in your part of the world. (5 am here - just got off work)

I'll keep you guys posted when the ring comes in.. I'll take some photos.
Thanks HMF, its 11.15 am here so you are a bit behind me!

Let us know what you think when you get it, and some photos would be great! Just one thing to check, if you ever want to upgrade this stone, is BGD offering an upgrade package with this diamond?

Does allowing an upgrade package mean that it''s a better quality stone? I don''t think upgrading it will be an option.. I''m sure it''ll be sentimental.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/16/2010 11:28:40 AM
Does allowing an upgrade package mean that it''s a better quality stone? I don''t think upgrading it will be an option.. I''m sure it''ll be sentimental.
Brian offers upgrade policies on his signature stones but this might not apply to diamonds he has called in but if it might be a future consideration check with him before purchase. Some of the vendors offer upgrade policies on their inventory diamonds but sometimes not on non inventory, it very much depends. There are lots of diamonds out there and only a select few meet the standards of sellers that are passionate about offering stones with superior beauty and visual performance to their clients, so they often pick and choose carefully.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results