shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Opinions on Rings

ked123

Rough_Rock
Hi there-

We are going to either upgrade or re-set my solitaire. I've been thinking about this for a while, and have been really indecisive, so I figured I should reach out to others for opinions.

I currently have a 1.15 carat, G color, VS2 solitaire (purchase price around $14K from Tiffanys).

In order to upgrade through them, we need to spend about double the purchase price (so about $27-28K total value for the ring).

I am trying to decide between the following:

1.8 carat solitare, I color (I know this sounds horrible- I can't tell the difference between an I and my G so I am not so color sensitive)

1.5 carat Embrace ring, G color (basically a RB with a halo): http://www.tiffany.com/Engagement/item.aspx?GroupSku=GRP10055&selectedSku=25407385#f+0/1001/0/0/0/1001

Or re-setting my current stone into the Schlumberger setting (for something unique):

http://www.tiffany.com/Engagement/Item.aspx?GroupSKU=GRP10022#f+0/1001/2003/0/0/2003

What do you think? My husband has no preference, other than we stay with Tiffany's (I know that I could probably buy a completely new ring with the same specs for the cost of the upgrade at T).

Thanks!

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
ked123|1289493146|2761565 said:
My husband has no preference, other than we stay with Tiffany's (I know that I could probably buy a completely new ring with the same specs for the cost of the upgrade at T).
Thanks!

I think you said it right there. I was just going to say, get something somewhere else because you could get get a new ring with better specs than your options in a fantastic setting for the cost of the upgrade. Also, more options to pick from -- both diamond and setting wise.

It's hard for us to help you pick a diamond from T&Co just because they won't give any of the information that we normally expect when buying a RB. And definitely no photos or ASET or whatever. So you're pretty much left with your own eyes and your own judgment. Just get something that you like.

Good luck!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you need to decide if you are a solitare girl or if you might like a halo. Either option should give you nice finger coverage.
That other setting is really large so that is another thing you need to figure out. Have you tried on all of these rings? Did any
make your heart sing?

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
What a great dilemma!:)

Actually, Tiffany will give out lots of information on their stones, as well as call them in for you to inspect if they are in another store. Ask your sales rep to check the database for stones that match your parameters, and have a few shipped to the store if you're not 100% happy with the I. (which is not horrible, it's still near-colorless) Even moving to the 1.4-1.5 range would probably give you a nice jump in size. I think I'd prefer this option over the reset.

You can ask them for the table, depth, crown and pavilion angles, etc., off of the reports and plug them into the HCA under "tools" on the top of the page. I looked at several stones at Tiffany and thought the HCA scores read true to what my eyes saw.

Good luck and please come back with pictures!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Siamese Kitty|1289510772|2762359 said:
What a great dilemma!:)

Actually, Tiffany will give out lots of information on their stones, as well as call them in for you to inspect if they are in another store. Ask your sales rep to check the database for stones that match your parameters, and have a few shipped to the store if you're not 100% happy with the I. (which is not horrible, it's still near-colorless) Even moving to the 1.4-1.5 range would probably give you a nice jump in size. I think I'd prefer this option over the reset.

You can ask them for the table, depth, crown and pavilion angles, etc., off of the reports and plug them into the HCA under "tools" on the top of the page. I looked at several stones at Tiffany and thought the HCA scores read true to what my eyes saw.

Good luck and please come back with pictures!
That is true SK - here is a Pscopers happy Tiffany experiance
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-day-at-tiffanys-with-the-i-scope.69733/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results