shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions/advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Is it possible to have a 2mm wedding band with diamonds inlaid, so as not to increase the height or width of the band?

The only rings I have found to go with my e-ring, that will sit flush and not rub against the side diamonds, are plain 2mm bands. For some reason they just snuggle down under the basket-type area below the prongs and rest below the side stones. Here is my ring:

newring.jpg
newringside.jpg

I would like to have diamonds in the wedding band. Not necessarily channel set. Maybe just 5 or so diamonds (or maybe diamonds & sapphires) scattered across the band, similar to the Etoile band.
12259417_FL_LRG.jpg

I really want the two rings to sit flush with each other. I haven''t cared much for the appearance of the bands that leave a space.

Any advice or suggestions?

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Does the jeweler you purchased the ering from have a matching band? I would definitely look into that.

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Nope. Already tried that route. I tried on almost every diamond band they had last night while I was in the store. Of course I got my ring cleaned too while I was there.
9.gif
Hey...they offered.
17.gif

The only band that would sit flush was a plain 2mm band.

I didn''t talk to anyone who does custom work there, as I was there fairly late in the evening, but the impression I got from the sales people was that a 2mm band is too thin and narrow to have any stones set.

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, but since my e-ring doesn''t have the eternity style I don''t think I want an eternity wedding band. My ring only has 3 down each side. However, I do think eternity bands are gorgeous, especially with plain band solitaires.

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I don''t have a picture or anything, but maybe a very thin band with princess stones channel set? Either only across the top or maybe even full eternity style....

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I lied, this is what I am thinking about. It is about 2.8mm, but you get the idea
3.gif

AB49400100_zoom.jpg

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Or how about this one? Now this one is exactly 2mm, and it would match all your round diamonds in the setting!

AB03400100_zoom.jpg

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/7/2005 11:48
6.gif
9 PM
Author: stretch4
Or how about this one? Now this one is exactly 2mm, and it would match all your round diamonds in the setting!

I like that one but the edges are flat so I don''t think it would sit flush. It is hard to explain but there is a slightly rounded area under the basket-type circle that allows a rounded 2mm band to slip under and fit flush. I''ll try to get a picture of myring from the right angle, but it might be difficult.

I appreciate the band pictures though.

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Ringdesigner.com has what I think I am interested in
4mmcfP-4dia-4sapp020mm300.gif

but set off center like this
4mm14kyband-2mmdiams300w.gif

Unfortunately all the bands that have the flush-set stones are comfort fit. The increased height of the comfort fit band would prohibit it from tucking under the basket on my e-ring. I really need the 1.25mm height of the regular plain band.

I think I might just have to give up on having a flush set band with diamonds and/or sapphires.
39.gif

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Here are a few pics so you can see where I am having a problem finding a flush sitting band.

newringside.jpg
ringbottom.jpg

Notice the way the basket is set just ever so slightly above the level of the band. You can see it best from the second picture where the ring is upside down. It creates a small elevation, or ''notch'', where a 2 mm band with a 1.25mm height can sit perfectly flush. I would think a wider band, like a 3mm, would work as long as the height is only 1.25 mm.

What I am hoping to find is a band with flush set, or even channel set diamonds or diamonds & sapphires.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results