shape
carat
color
clarity

NEED OPINION ON TWO STONE!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sam_zucelli

Rough_Rock
Hi guys, thank you all for your help.Time to time i buy stones,and i like to buy very high color and clarity,here is two stone that i am considering to buy
i would like any feed back for cut,company and the price, thank you again.
#1-D color 2.50 ctw vvs2 clarity round cut
table-57
depth-61.1
polish-excellent
symmetry-excellent
culet-none
gidle-medium faceted
fluorescence-none
crown angle-33.2
pavillion-40.9
cert-gia
location-ultimate jewelry design new york new york
price-$37,200.00

#2 - D color 2.40ctw if clarity round cut
table-58
depth-61.8
polish-excellent
symmetry-excellent
culet-none
girdle-medium to slightly tick
fluorescence- none
crown angle-34.7
pavillion-41
cert-gia
location-ultimate jewelery design newyork newyork
price-$49,500.00

1.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Although technically the 2.40 D/IF is the better buy, I think I would go with the 2.50 D/VVS2.

The crown/pavilion angle relationship of the 2.50 creates a better performing stone optically, and has a larger diameter spread. With the 2.40, you're paying a lot of money for the rarity of the IF factor, without really seeing the reason why (unless you spending 30 minutes with it under a microscope).

The 10 points smaller weight and greater depth of the 2.40 will create a smaller look, which although subtle, will be able to be picked up by the eye if held next to the 2.50.

If you're drawn to the "ultimate quality aspect" of the 2.40 D/IF, you could always have the pavilion recut to bring the angle in to 40.5-40.7 degree range, and it would match the 2.50 D/VVS2's optical performance.

Probably the reason why the D/IF is a better buy is because they are a little tougher to sell than a VVS or VS quality. People tend to go for the lesser cost but equal look of a VVS or VS stone as opposed to the higher cost of the IF. Dealers will often price an IF stone with a greater discount to make it attractive to buyers.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results