shape
carat
color
clarity

Need more tennis bracelet help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I went back to look again at the tennis bracelet at Neiman Marcus. I wanted to see it again after doing a little research on these things. I wasn''t sure they were making me as great a deal as they said. The thing I like about it, because of the two prong styling, the diamonds are very close together and the bracelet looks more...for lack of a better word...blingy. I had them show me a three prong and a four prong next to it for reference. The four prong clearly has a different look altogether. The diamonds appear squared. Also, the same length approximately has a 4.14 tcw vs the three prong at 5 tcw and the two prong at 5.8. So, I am sure you experts already know this but there are essentially more diamonds crammed into the same space.

I was concerned about diamonds being safe in the two prong, but NM assures me they will replace any stones that came out.

So, my last questions are involving cut and price. He says this bracelet is circa 1980''s. Does this mean the diamond cut itself isn''t as desirable? He said back then, they weren''t doing all the fancy cuts they do now. Not sure why he told me this. Seems to hurt his case, not help it. Maybe he didn''t realize anyone would care about diamond cut.

Let''s see: other facts, 18k gold, .10 pt diamonds, 58 of them...Vs and f-g color. So, my questions are: It looks gorgeous to me but is that something I can easily find nowdays? I really did prefer the two prong look. Secondly, can I do way better on the cut?

And last of all, price? What might you expect to pay? I know on the other thread, I saw some prices mentioned but there were some different factors.
TIA

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Well it certainly looks beautiful!!! I haven''t seen many 2-prong bracelets to compare this with, but if you like it and think the price is reasonable go for it.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I just don''t know if the price is reasonable. I don''t know if you saw my ruby ring, Sundial, but I really thought they were giving me a good price on that. I am not so sure on this one. I just don''t see many two prong styles to compare to. Why can''t I find any? Are they less desirable for some reason?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Yes your ruby ring was breathtaking! I shopped for tennis bracelets in Las Vegas so I could compare to internet prices and found mostly four prong styles with some three prong, bezel set, and bar set. I didn''t see any two prong, but I don''t know why. All I can suggest is checking internet sites and maybe Ebay for tennis bracelets with specs as close to this one as you can find. Again it sure is pretty!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From the pictures it looks like a beautiful bracelet. Half the problem with finding a bracelet is finding the mounting style that you like. I don''t doubt that you could have something like that made that would be pretty close but for how much? I don''t know the price of this bracelet either but you could try to compare carat weight of comparable bracelets. The other half of the bracelet issue is of course the stones but as I said, from the pics it looks very pretty.

Call a vendor to try to get a price on having something made. At least you would have some price comparison - if there is a return policy - and I''m sure there is - you could also have the stones appraised to see about the quality of them. They are already set so that may be a hinderance but at least you''d have some idea.

Please come back and let us know what you decide!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm....looks like the husband might be a problem. I can understand his point of view. I did just buy a lovely ruby ring (which is being sized as we speak). So, last night, I wanted to show him a picture of the bracelet without telling him I was thinking of buying it. He saw the pics (not knowing it was MY wrist) and he said that is one UGLY wrist. WHAT???I kind of looked at him funny, debating if it was too soon to mention that it was MY wrist and why I was trying on diamond bracelets. He quickly figured it out. He is pretty smart. I said so you think my wrist is ugly? He just commented on how HUGE it was in the pic. Good save. He says he definately doesn''t think I have ugly wrists...
emsmile.gif

But anyhoo, he didn''t seem super receptive to the idea. I would wait a little but as luck would have it, Neiman Marcus is having ANOTHER double point promotion and as Craftygirl and I know, that can add up fast on these jewelry items. For every $, you get one point. For every 5000 points, you get a $125 gift card.

So, I have until tomorrow to let the lady ring it up. Now, I could pay for it myself with a little juggling of funds but let''s face it. My husband is going to notice it on my wrist so no point trying to sneak or anything. The thing is, he has always been pretty supportive of my jewelry habit but am I pushing to far too fast? I saw someone mention that they actually signed a contract with their DH saying no more jewelry for a period of time. Dare I propose that? What to do, what to do? I know if I buy this, the NM lady will be on the lookout for good stuff for me in the future. I think it is really pretty and I want something I can wear more often. I love the ruby but I don''t think I will wear it all the time. I am a stay at home mom now and I use my right hand to ...ahem..change diapers of a two year old and a six month old. I think for now, the ruby will be a special occasion ring.

But I could wear this bracelet a lot and not worry about constantly washing my hands like I do with the rings.

Ok. I know I am rambling...but the clock is ticking....

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do love the look of the bracelet - had never seen a 2 prong one before. It''s gorgeous! Your wrist is not ugly! It is turned at an odd angle in the picture, but it''s not ugly by any means!
2.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is very easy to get carried away with jewelry purchases but sometimes you have to jump on a deal when presented - and by all means don''t sign a contract! You never want to tie yourself up with a piece of paper to be waived in your face!

You could tell hubby that after this purchase you would cool your jets for awhile. We all have different definitions of ''awhile''!

I see that the time has passed though - did you decide to get it or no?

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Yep! I think we are going to pick it up tomorrow.

Well, I will stick to the 2010 agreement but if HE changes his mind, who am I to argue? The thing is, I can do some of this stuff pretty easily. Like, it would be easy to find a three stone EC ring (see other thread under Show me the Ring). But something like the ruby ring only comes along once in a while. It there was something unique that came up, who knows what he would say?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results