shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with vatche royal princess x-prong

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

surgeon

Rough_Rock
Does anybody know of any e-vnedors that sell the vatche royal princess x-prong? Good Old Gold has the princess x-prong but not the royal princess x-prong.

I called Vatche yesterday to ask the width of the two bands. The princess x-prong is 4mm thick and the royal princess x-prong is 3.4mm thick with a 2.8mm taper at the top AND bottom. I didn''t know it tapered at the bottom as well. Does anyone have this setting and think it looks weird? Better yet, does anybody have a picture of this tapering at the bottom? Is it a low profile setting? My wife is a hairdresser and I don''t want the stone too high with the possibility of being damaged. And finally, my wife has a size 4.75 finger, do you think a 4mm band would be too thick (if I got the princess x-prong instead)? I think it''s most probably kinda sorta maybe gonna be one of these for the setting!

Whew, I think that''s it. Thanks for the help!!
35.gif

surgeon

Rough_Rock
Anyone, anyone.

How about this. I bought my diamond from Whiteflash and was told that whatever setting I choose, make sure that the prongs are the v-tipped prongs. However, from the pictures I''ve seen, the Vatche x-prong for princess settings do not look like the v-tipped prongs. They look like the round prongs. How could this be from a designer setting? Your thoughts?

sassybride

Rough_Rock
hi there,

i just ordered my royal xprong from vatche this week, will get it next week. I got it from a local store that were authorized dealer and they ordered it for me. I talked to WF recently, i was considering the w-prong...however i ended up choosing vatche and ordered locally because i already have the diamond and its a hassle to mail them the diamond...they told me that they can order Vatche settings also. Why dont you ask them to order for you? or you can try finding a local authorized dealer to order for you.

here are some pics of royal xprong, i think its a lovely setting and its better than the regular x prong since its not as wide.

Also, my ring size is 5. i have tried the x prong, its not too wide! its fine...:)

surgeon

Rough_Rock
sassybride,

Thanks for the help. Did you try to load pics, because I don''t see any.
33.gif
There is a local jeweler that is a vendor for Vatche and they will mount the stone at their location (they don''t send it in) which is what I''m thinking will be best. I just hope that they do a good job. I already know that they guarantee no damage to the diamond during the setting process. Unfortunately though, they don''t have any of the Vatche rings in stock so I can''t see them. I am visiting on Saturday so I will just ask if they can order them so that I can see them first. It is nice to know that the 4mm isn''t too thick though. Is the royal princess x-prong a low profile setting? It looks like it''s a little higher than the non-royal x-prong from the pics on the Vatche website.

sassybride

Rough_Rock
oops, here is my old thread,

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/vatche-or-wf.59570/

you know the local jeweler where i am ordering mine doesn''t have them either. What i did was, i went to dvatche.com and looked for dealers from that website...so i found one not too far from me and i saw th x prong in person. I really liked it, but when i saw the pictures from the royal one i liked it better, i like how its tapered on the top. So i just went anead and ordered it. I know its hard not seeing it in person before you order...at least i saw one of them in person. The quality is very nice and clean for most of vatche''s rings, so i trusted them and ordered the 103 style.

if you can wait till next friday i will get my ring and will try to take more pics. How big is the diamond? are you looking to set it with princess cut? actually the royal crown is a little higher setting. There are some pictures in exceldiamonds.com website as well. hope this helps!

surgeon

Rough_Rock
Ooooooh, pics would be great! I don''t know if I''ll have decided by next Friday but I would love to see the pics anyways. I have an ACA princess from Whiteflash, 1.010 carat. The jeweler I''m talking about is a vendor for Vatche, but they only have one of his styles in stock (the one with channel diamonds). Nevertheless, I''m still leaning towards the royal princess, even if I''m unable to see it. Are the prongs the v-tipped prongs or are they rounded? I was told to make sure to get v-tipped prongs for a princess cut.

sassybride

Rough_Rock
hi surgeon, i think someone showed me the v-tip prongs. but doesn''t that look funny? do you have a picture somewhere of this? i just want the way it looks in the pictures from the website..whatever tips it is! is that something the jeweler can do , or something we need to add on from vatche?

hey my diamond is 1.0 princess too! seems like our rings will come out very similar!

37.gif

surgeon

Rough_Rock
I don''t think it looks that funny. I just heard that it''s better for the protection of the corners. I can''t recall any pictures I''ve seen off the top of my head. Although, I will try to find some. And, yeah, I guess our rings will look very similar!
9.gif

surgeon

Rough_Rock
Here is an example of the v-tipped prongs.

http://www.exceldiamonds.com/show_alt_large.php?id=302&width=450&height=450#

I was told from Whiteflash to make sure that the v-tipped prongs are used in the setting that I choose because they protect the most fragile part of the princess cut stone; the corners. Does anyone know why a lot of the designer settings use the round prongs and not the v-tipped? If I don''t get too many responses, I might start a new thread because this is something that is concerning me. I like the Vatche x-prong for princess but I don''t want to spend that much on a setting while compromising durability.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My guess: The V prong are hard to get perfectly symetrical so they look wonky. It is in effect a 1/4 bezel setting. You are bezel setting each corner so that it''s protected. Plus, if it''s not done right it can look dated or bulky. Personally my favorite princess settings are full bezel settings. They make the stone look larger and realy protect it at the same time. Plus it''s a brilliant cut so you aren''t cutting gown on light return.

I know you are looking at MWM''s settings as well, and I think if you are going to go with the V prong tips, that so he''s meticulous and detail oriented that you will be very happy with the results.

If I had a princess I''d go with either MWM. Leon Mage or Etteine Perret''s high halo bezel setting seen here: http://www.etienneperret.com/colored-diamond-jewelry/marquise-high-halo-platinum-engagement-suite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results