shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with emerald cuts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mugsalini

Rough_Rock
I have been lurking here for some time now and have learned so much. I am interested in any oppinions I can get on the following two stones. Thank you in advance.

Shape: Emerald
Carat: 1.26
Color: G
Clarity: vvs2
Sym: good
Pol: good
Dimension: 7.16x5.30x3.71
Price: $7085

Shape: Emerald
Carat: 1.22
Color: G
Clarity: vvs2
Sym: verry good
Pol: good
Dimensions: 6.58x5.33x3.84
Price: $7039

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey mugsalini! welcome to ps
35.gif

with the limited information you have posted, these stones are virtually identical. unfortunately, they may look very different in person and there is no way that anyone here would be able to discern much from these numbers. have you had a chance to see them in person?

Mugsalini

Rough_Rock
Thanks Bell. Unfortunately no, I have not seen the stones. I have been dealing with a jeweler in Florida and I am in New Jersey. They have a setting by Scott Kay that I really like, and so if I buy the diamond through them I get a better deal on the package. If anyone knows where I can get a good price on Scott Kay I would appreciate it.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
The one difference I can see of the bat between the 2 stones is that the 1st one will be less "boxy" than the 2nd one. The 1st one will look a bit longer and thinner compared to the 2nd one. As far as the quality of the stones, it''s hard to tell based on the information you''ve provided.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sure you can find the Scott Kay setting locally in NJ. Look on their website.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
not that you cant buy well and safely from a B & M vendor but that is the perfect illustration of the inherent problem with it...............and of course we dont know where you are buying from BUT if you really want to know about the cut quality of the stone you need to get more information or have it independant appraised to get the additional information. Keep points are: 1) the crown height and 2)I would never buy a stone with Good polish. In my humble opinion Very Good is the minimum on polish--it makes a huge difference in appearance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results