shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with Emerald cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cherij0411

Shiny_Rock
HI

I plan on upgrading my 1.53 carat emerald to a 2.0 -2.5 carats. I would like to keep the same color stone F, Clarity VS1

The difference I am looking for is a emerald cut that will be the most brilliant and also will appear as large as its carat weight (if this makes any sense) Sometimes I feel my 1.5 does not look like a 1.5, but that could be also myself comparing it to other shapes like Round.

The current specifications are below:
Depth 70.6
Table 72%
Girdle Thin To Medium
Cutlet None
Polish very good
Symmetry Good

Please advise what specifications I should be looking for in the new stone to maximize brilliance and size.

Thank You

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can use this chart to help you with proportions here.

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/fnc2.asp

Also this one to check mm diameter sizes to check a diamond measures face up what it should.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mm-to-carat-stone-conversion-chart.17578/

Also bear in mind that an EC won't appear to be as brilliant as a round, they are two entirely different cuts and looks. EC's are a quieter personality in my opinion, but no less gorgeous for that - just different! If it is brilliance you want, have you considered an Ideal cut round? Also what is the diameter measurement of your existing diamond? An EC of 1.5 ct should measure about 8x6mm, a 2 ct 8.5mm x 6.5mm. A 2 ct round actually has a slightly smaller measurement of about 8.2mm for comparison's sake. Finally, use your eyes when choosing...charts are very useful to help weed out contenders, but with fancy shapes it is best to see them in person if you can, to see which ones speak to you.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei''s advice is excellent.

Also, I would look for a shallower diamond in the 61-65 depth range... while making sure the table is smaller than the depth if you''re worried about spread.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I second what''s been said. Look for table smaller than the depth. F makes for a pretty stone..I''ve gone to vs2 and been fine...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results