shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help from the experts about a stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

frank21

Rough_Rock
Help!

I am going to propose this weekend. I found a ring that I like, a Canadian diamond, F colour, 1.21 ct cut is fine (64%) no flourecence, no cutlet, VS2, plat setting. What is a fair price for that kind of stone? Is it to small?(girlfriend was looking at ones close to 1.5)

any feedback would be great.

FrankM

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi,

Wow, I hope you can a ring in time for this weekend.

I would pass on a stone with a 64% depth (which is what I'm assuming you meant). It's probably going to be very dull (proper depth would be about 60-62, give or take a point maybe). Also, it will look smaller than a stone with a more proper depth.

The only stone I could find that seemed comparable was a 1.21 F VS2 with a 63.2% depth and good polish and symmetry: stone This one's going for about $7K US.

Plus you didn't mention certification. That stone is certified by the GIA. If your stone has a certificate from GIA, AGS, or HRD, then the price might be useful for comparison. If not, you should expect to pay less, especially if it is not certified at all.

Maybe if you play around with color and clarity, you can still consider a stone of the size your girlfriend wants. A well-cut stone with slightly lesser color and clarity will far outshine a stone with a worse cut.

an example

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results