shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding an asscher cut diamond

4114heidi

Rough_Rock
I was wondering if anyone could help me locate an asscher cut diamond. My budget is 15,000.000-18,000.00. I am more interested in focusing on the stone and setting it in a solitaire right now, then adding a mount later on. I would love to have close to, if not over, a 2 carat. Cut is very important to me.

My history is that I bought a 2.89 carat total weight ring with three stones. The center stone is an asscher and is 1,89 carats. I went into Hezberg Jewelers to take a look at it under an ASET lense and it pans out and has a nice combination of red, green, and blue colors and is symmetrical, although, I don't know enough about asscher to know if what I have is well cut, etc. The mount is platinum and the center stone is an I in color, although, it looks lighter than an I.

I can return my ring that I bought. I have a couple weeks yet. I am ready to go with money to wire so that I can get an ASET image of any diamond.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't figure out what is going on, but James Allen normally has the most asschers listed with videos, but right now, I am not able to get more than a few to show up, and none in the 2 ct range! They did have a great stone that I think would fall in your price range, but I have no idea what is wrong with their site or if they have stopped carrying many asschers, or what?!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonder if Pippa Middleton's engagement has something to do with the availability of asschers? I have been waiting to see if
many people are going to enquire about asschers. Maybe they are being re-priced? :eh:

KarlK , need to get marketing going on the Octavia.

4114heidi

Rough_Rock
What is everyone's thoughts on the b2c site? They have ASET images on some of their stones and you don't even have to request for those.

I noticed the same thing on James Allen website.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go to Allen and instead of looking for asschers search the term square emerald. They are labeling them as that now and it's very annoying as they don't have a search for it

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They call them square Emerald cut. They are generic asschers. There should be plenty of them with videos ( I've been looking for a pendant).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1469398387|4058918 said:
Go to Allen and instead of looking for asschers search the term square emerald. They are labeling them as that now and it's very annoying as they don't have a search for it

That is bizarre since they still have stones under the asscher shape stone! When you use their search page, you click on the shape of the stone and the square is labelled asscher and the rectangle is emerald. When I click on emerald cut, they are all emerald cuts and not square.

James Allen, you are losing sales because of this. It sure isn't user friendly!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, as strange as that was, I went through 20 pages and did not see a good 2 ct stone (they are not in order of size). I did not see the one I had noticed before, so either they don't have all the stones relisted yet, or it has been sold. Maybe someone can find out what is going on with the JA site.

4114heidi

Rough_Rock
How do I do that Neil? I went to the website and looked around for how I can search for the term that you shared and I did not see it.

4114heidi

Rough_Rock
Hi Gypsy-
I requested ASET images for those three beautiful picks you had for me and the diamond supplier does not do ASET images.

How do you feel about the B2C website. There are ASET images for some of their diamonds right on the site.

Heidi

4114heidi

Rough_Rock
Gypsy-

I was told that Enchanted diamonds can send the ASET image from Enchanted;s studio after I submit payment. Thoughts?

Sunfish

Shiny_Rock
4114heidi|1469464426|4059110 said:
http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-8245917-2.02-carat-Asscher-diamond-F-color-VS1-clarity.aspx

check out the ASET image on this one

I was reading some other threads and someone was recommending going through Good Old Gold. They can get me an awesome cut asscher. But they are a brick and mortar place so their prices would be more, too, wouldn;t they?

This asscher is a no for me personally. See those black steps? They may always be "off" which may not be pleasing to your eye. I'd trust Gypsy on the three she linked you to. She has an astounding eye for winners.

edit to say that GOG will be slightly more, yes. They have lots of imagining equipment which is really useful for evaluating finicky step cuts. I'd consider it a worthwhile service expenditure but no doubt you can find one here, too. No harm in contacting them to see what they can find for you

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4114heidi|1469464426|4059110 said:
http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-8245917-2.02-carat-Asscher-diamond-F-color-VS1-clarity.aspx

check out the ASET image on this one

I was reading some other threads and someone was recommending going through Good Old Gold. They can get me an awesome cut asscher. But they are a brick and mortar place so their prices would be more, too, wouldn;t they?

Good Old Gold is where I got my smaller asscher to go in a right hand ring. Their prices are only a little higher but well worth it when light return images are not available. I looked through all of the ones on James Allen (just entered square emerald in the search box) and I didn't see any I'd recommend.

Here are the stones GOG acquired for me to look at (the 4th was one they had but would not fit my setting). The first three are all nice, but I chose the second one because it is excellent for an asscher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7SBfNGxTFE&list=UUEV7slr-i-VduBBnfv9MxhA&index=2

(Not wild about the B2C stone)

4114heidi

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your response Diamondseeker2006 regarding the feedback on the diamond. I would like to know what your analysis is and what the issues are. Is it that thee is no light bouncing back at the person in the middle.

4114heidi

Rough_Rock
Also, I will wire money and ask that an ASET image be sent before they mail it. I will share that image with you, then depending on the response I get from you and others on this site, I will decide to have them send a different diamond or send this one.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good news. Might be worth you seeing it in person either way ( unless it is a total dog). You would want to ask the vendor about their policies.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4114heidi|1469735353|4060296 said:
Thank you for your response Diamondseeker2006 regarding the feedback on the diamond. I would like to know what your analysis is and what the issues are. Is it that thee is no light bouncing back at the person in the middle.

Yes, too much black in the center on the image of the stone.

4114heidi

Rough_Rock
I spoke with a representative today at Enchanted Diamonds and he is going to get the ASET image and personally go and look at the diamond. This was the 2.23 asscher you recommended Gypsy. I will keep you posted and share the ASET image when I get it and I will get your feedback.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
'Great news.

4114heidi

Rough_Rock
I just learned from Joshua at Enchanted Diamonds that the supplier said someone else has spoken for the diamond and if they do not want it then it will be available. Ugh!!! I really wanted this one.

My family and I are going on vacation for a couple weeks before I start a new job on the 18th of August.

I am afraid that if I do not get this 2.23 asscher that it might be a while before I am actively looking again. Gypsy, I think you picked me a winner. Cross your fingers that the other interested party does not want it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results