shape
carat
color
clarity

NEED HELP CHOOSING DIAMOND!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LoveDiamond

Rough_Rock
Please help!
I am going to buy a IGL diamond 1.25ct IF E color for 7,000 is that a good buy? I know that IGL grading is much lower than GIA or AGS.. If IGL grade one diamond IF, E in color what would GIA or AGS grade it? And my 2nd choose is GIA VVS1 F color 1.11 Ex/Ex and Ex cut with H&A for 12,320. I think that is over priced, but i want a perfect or near perfect. Is it worth paying that much for a Diamond?

thankyou!!

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
If you insist on a perfect diamond then by all means go gia. You must pay for high clarity and color.

But you ask if it is wise? No in my opinion.

To most here a perfect diamond has the best cut. Things like clarity and color are less important.

In my search for my perfect rock I laughed at all the jewelers pushing their IF D. I could easily afford them but why would I want them as the cut was always crap. :)

Below is probably as perfect as you can get and you can see the price. That is an internet vender too. They are usually cheaper. So your GIA find is a bargain if and only if the cut is good. BTW an ideal cut is better than an excellent cut.

If you are truelly going perfect what about this one? With the below diamond the most important c is covered as well as your desires.

1.10 D VVS1 1.8-EX
ex-vg-vg-vg 0
H&A
ACA 60.6% 56% 35° 40.9° thn-med f pt id id neg 6.70-6.72x4.06 AGS $14226*S from whiteflash

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2006 1:15:54 AM
Author:LoveDiamond
Please help!
I am going to buy a IGL diamond 1.25ct IF E color for 7,000 is that a good buy? I know that IGL grading is much lower than GIA or AGS.. If IGL grade one diamond IF, E in color what would GIA or AGS grade it? And my 2nd choose is GIA VVS1 F color 1.11 Ex/Ex and Ex cut with H&A for 12,320. I think that is over priced, but i want a perfect or near perfect. Is it worth paying that much for a Diamond?

thankyou!!
forget about the E IF.how good/bad is the cut quality? what you pay is what you''ll get.
31.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2006 2:57:17 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 2/26/2006 1:15:54 AM
Author:LoveDiamond
Please help!

thankyou!!
forget about the E IF.how good/bad is the cut quality? what you pay is what you''ll get.
31.gif
7k for a 1.25 e/if? the cut quality can''t be that good.
8.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not to mention it really isn't an E to begin with. Forget it. That paper is worthless! (Great diamonds are not just given away!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results