shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help Choosing a Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lurch

Rough_Rock
I will be buying an e-ring for my girlfriend within the next month. I have been lurking around this site for a while soaking up all of the knowledge I can in preparation of this big purchase. I am trying to find the biggest diamond I can without sacrificing on quality. The very top end of my budget is $4100 for the diamond. I have been using the "Cut Advisor" Search to look at my options. My question to the board is this ... In your opinion, would i be better of buying a .75 ct. ACA diamond like the one below

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-6205401

or a 1ct "Expert Selection" diamond like the one below (assuming its eye clean)

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=GIA-14814955

Would I even be able to tell the difference btw the ACA and Expert Selection? Feel free to post any other diamonds that fit into my limits. Thank you all for your help in advance in such an important decision.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oh, boy. Tough call. I don''t think that you would be able to tell much of a difference in the cut with the naked eye. Color is so personal. Have you had a chance to compare ideal cuts in different colors in person? There''s a big dif in an F and a J. Will the J look yellow? no. Will it be warmer? definitely. Are you color sensitive? Is your FI? Those are the questions you need to answer. I would not kick a 1ct. J out of bed on principle. If I were color sensitive, I would not go that low. f is a safe bet. if both are eyeclean, it comes down to color. You are the one who can answer that question.

they are both gorgeous diamonds. Can you find a middle ground compromise? Maybe a G or H just under a carat will fit the bill.

shay

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, there is a happy medium between those two stones, and I''d say wait and try to get a G or even an H for a whiter stone than the J, but an F is really adding to the cost on the first stone. I''d personally rather wait for an H VS2 .80-.90 over either of those stones. WhiteFlash gets new stones in every 6 weeks or so, I am told, so watch over the next couple of weeks and see if they get some more in your range. Those G-H just under a carat stones probably are grabbed quickly. I''d probably call a sales person and tell them to be on the lookout for you. I think Expert Selection is a great value, though, and will buy you more for your money and still be excellent.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2006 6:37:41 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Well, there is a happy medium between those two stones, and I'd say wait and try to get a G or even an H for a whiter stone than the J, but an F is really adding to the cost on the first stone. I'd personally rather wait for an H VS2 .80-.90 over either of those stones. WhiteFlash gets new stones in every 6 weeks or so, I am told, so watch over the next couple of weeks and see if they get some more in your range. Those G-H just under a carat stones probably are grabbed quickly. I'd probably call a sales person and tell them to be on the lookout for you. I think Expert Selection is a great value, though, and will buy you more for your money and still be excellent.
That's what I would recommend too. The Expert selection is a great way to go and most of them just miss the mark of being an ACA.
2.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I''d go with this one if it''s eyeclean (call the vendor and ask; they are very candid and will tell you if it''s eye-clean).

.907, H SI1 for $4046 PS price

Also, Wink Jones has a link to a .92, G, SI2 stone that looks remarkably eyeclean for $3439! Looks LOVELY! www.winkjones.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results